Chapter 55: Poison

Ryzen POV

I always thought of myself as someone brave, as I do not let my fear hinder my ability to move forward.

When I was assigned to difficult operations, I did not let my fear and doubts consume me because lives depended on me. Yet, while I was riding that plane and fell into the depths of darkness, I've never felt so helpless and pained in my life...

The very thought of dying, giving up on all the aspirations that I've built and not living up to the fullest of my potential... it was horrifying. At that time, I lost all hope. I thought that nothing could ever compare to the despair that I felt.

But then, I was wrong.

When I found out the truth about my birth, it would not be an exaggeration to say that the pain and hopelessness that I felt was worse than dying.

It felt like my heart was ripped into pieces and that every nerve in my body was suffocating.

Honestly, at that moment, I wished that the heavens just let me die again rather than making me feel extreme pain. It was torture, as if the heavens have been playing with me my whole life.

It destroyed the very being of who I thought I was and made me feel immense grief.

Who am I?

Who am I, if I'm not really Rose Ferrada's daughter?

Who am I, if I was a product of a sinful relationship?

And just before I could even try to find my identity again, before I could even make plans... the heavens threw me into a dreadful situation.

So now... instead of letting the fear I feel control me like nothing else, I just don't really care anymore.

This kind of situation... it doesn't really impact me anymore. I've experienced more pain than this. If the heavens really want to play with me even more, then so be it.

Right now, even though I wanted to move, my feet and hands wouldn't let me. There are shackles and chains tied around them, trapping me. There was also a rope that tied my body to the chair, confining me even more. When I tried to move just a little, only pain followed. More so, I could not even let any sound escape from me, since there was a tape covering my mouth.

With that, the sounds of the chains seem to alert the two people that were in front of me.

Before, I was still a little bit drowsy, as I felt the lingering sensations of the drug that they made me sniff. I didn't notice my overall surroundings and as if on instinct, the first thing I did was to try moving around, only to find out that I was chained mercilessly.

But gradually, I heard mumblings and my vision grew a bit clearer.

Juli was staring at me with a lofty stare, looking down on my current state. After all, I was stuck in a chair like a prisoner, as if I had committed a grave sin. Although I could not see my current appearance, it is pretty easy to guess that it is different from the usual glammed up appearance that I had.

Beside her, there was a man that had a smug expression on, almost looking at me as if he has acquired a toy that he has been eyeing for a long time.

Xavier Ayala.

I was dumbstruck when I saw him, but it was only momentarily.

Although I was very downhearted, I cannot say that I am that surprised. It only explains the strange persistence that he had.

Right now, I still cannot fully grasp why they put me in this kind of dreadful situation.

However, no matter what their reasons are, it cannot be denied that they have betrayed Millen Yu.