Chapter 61: Unconscious

Lennox POV

"I love you..."

The way she said it was so sweet, almost as if I'm listening to a lullaby. I could feel the sincerity in each word.

Before this, I never thought that those words, especially coming from a woman I love, can drive me crazy.

I just can't get it off my mind... it keeps on playing and playing on my mind again.

She has really invaded all of me. I don't have control of myself. She does.

So please, Millen, won't you wake up soon?

I don't even know how I had the strength to look at her weak state right now, lying on the hospital bed. She looked pale, with her lips showing signs of dryness and cracking.

Even the doctors could not explain how she fell into this unconscious state. They could only infer that she probably lacked energy, lost too much nutrients and was too traumatised...

But it's been days already. Why is there no improvements in her state? Why is she not responding, no matter how much we call her?

The doctors said that they would need more specialists to work on her case... that it could take months, or even years, before she can wake up again.

Damn it! Why can't they figure out her sickness right away? Why can't they give her a cure right now so she can wake up?

I know I'm being unreasonable but I can't help it... I cannot stand this situation, seeing her unconscious state in front of me. I feel so useless, because I cannot do anything to get her out of her suffering.

After I put a soft peck on her forehead, I took her hand and held on it tightly...

When I found her that day, I wanted to kill Xavier Ayala on the spot.

"So you're the guy that she's been seeing, eh? If one knew that she had such a powerful figure behind her, we would've reformed our plans... but then, Mayor, your efforts are futile, you know. That girl is as good as gone. My men and I tasted her, and now I understand why you're willing to go this far for a mere girl." he said in a ridiculing tone.

Just by looking at his smirk and the way his expression is, he's obviously lying. There was false confidence in his tone, obviously trying to mask the nervousness he felt.

He's only trying his luck to get me off track, which wouldn't work...

What else can he do? There's no way out for him!

This kind of person shouldn't even be allowed to speak at all. If I could, I'd rip out his mouth right now. If I let the resentful feelings rule over me right now, he'd probably be already dead.

But no... I don't want my hands stained with such a revolting person. I don't want to waste that much effort on him.

I'd let justice prevail and with lawful means, I'll make sure that he and everyone involved in this will not go unscathed.

I'll make sure they'll suffer.

I took a deep breath to recollect myself, ignoring Xavier Ayala's vulgar words. I didn't even bother staring at his gruesome face as I clenched my fists, controlling the surging anger that I felt.

"You know what to do." I said to the army I brought in a stern voice.

While waiting for Millen to recover, I used the time to punish everyone involved. I did not even use my connections to the fullest during my political campaigns, but now, I maximised them.