Chapter 34: Never Again

Ryzen POV

Throughout the day and up until I was lying down on my bed at night, the same scenes kept replaying on my head.

The way he said he liked me with his deep voice... The way he held me... The way he kissed me deeply...

I'm seriously being crazy. How can I be this so excited?

Perhaps, because it has been so long since I've been affectionate with a man? It doesn't help that this man, who is currently my 'target', was so attractive and full of extraordinary appeal.

It is really impossible not to be attracted with that kind of physical appearance. In addition to that, he didn't only have good looks. He was smart, articulate and does his job well to serve the public properly.

No healthy woman can be immune to the charm he had.

But... thinking about it, what happens next? Lennox already admitted that he liked me, so will Mr. Red-haired man let me finish this transmigration mission?

Out of the sudden, I froze at the thought.

If I come back to my original body, how would it happen? What would also happen to the body that I am currently occupying?

Lennox's face also came into mind and for the first time, I suddenly felt guilty for it.

Currently, he does have feelings for me, right? He even confessed to me. If I suddenly disappeared, wouldn't he be hurt?

I'm sure he can find a new woman in no time but... why do I feel so uncomfortable with the thought of it? Why do I suddenly feel so guilty for pursuing my mission, which has been the sole goal that I've had all this time?

Speaking of the devil, a voice spoke to me through my mind.

"Oh, dear. It's not the time for you to overthink yet. You've made a very big progress, yes. But you're far from over with your mission." the red-haired man said.

I got goosebumps just from hearing his voice. I could probably never get used to this since he would communicate with me at random times...

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously.

"Just to remind you, I will state your mission again: You have to make Lennox Zevallos completely in love with you that he'd announce you as his official girlfriend and show you off to everyone. Essentially, become his lover. Capture his heart completely." the red-haired man said.

As if buckets of water were splashed over me, I became somehow enlightened...

Oh...

Now that I think about it, he is right. What happened earlier was just a stepping stone. I'm not over with the mission yet.

Somehow though, it makes me feel relieved.

"Also, based on my calculations, Lennox does not like you enough yet. He did tell you he liked you, but did he ever propose to put a label on your relationship? Did you make him fall for you totally that he would take the initiative to make it public to the whole world?" the red-haired man said harshly.

His words... they seem to just hit right on the right places. It's all so true!

Earlier, Lennox only told me that we should take it slow for a while... he never put a formal label on our relationship.

Our relationship... it's still at that vague stage. There's no pressure and no solid commitment at all, but ideally, it should move on its own pace.

Ah... modern dating... no labels but openly flirting with each other...

I pouted as soon as I realised it.