Chapter 20: Good Man

Ryzen POV

I let the time pass by replying to the relevant people who messaged me, such as Millen Yu's parents. I couldn't be bothered with the rest and just marked them all as read.

With that, my heart suddenly fluttered when a new text message popped up from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Hi Millen, I'm here at St. Lucas Hospital. Where are you? - Lennox

I bit my lips as I smiled at the text message. I didn't even have to lift a finger to get his phone number. I could guess that he got my number from Dr. Ging. In some way, this is some kind of development, right?

I quickly saved Lennox's number and replied to him.

Me: Outside of Room C, 12th floor. Do you want me to pick you up instead?

Lennox: It's fine. Just wait for me there.

In a few minutes, I saw Lennox walking down the hallway. I raised my eyebrows at the sight, a bit startled at his presence.

He's really here!

Today, he wore a white button-up long-sleeve shirt and black trousers. It made him look more elegant and refined. Honestly, this is my favourite look of him. Although he still looks dashing while just wearing the usual t-shirts, it doesn't evoke the majestic feeling of what he currently wore.

When he finally reached me, he stared at me for a few seconds without saying anything.

Thinking that his behaviour is quite strange, I also just kept looking directly at his eyes before he turned away and finally spoke up.

As if he could not take it, he turned his gaze away and finally spoke.

"Are you feeling ok? You weren't hurt anywhere?"

I gave him a shy smile and shook my head a little. "Nope, I'm fine."

After I said that, Lennox let out relieved sigh. He looks pretty relieved.

Suddenly, without expecting it, Lennox reached out his arm and patted my head softly.

Even though it's just a small action, I don't know why my heart suddenly raced so fast. I feel like a teenage girl who received a small affection for the first time.

"Mmm. You did a good job." he said in a stern voice.

"Thanks." I replied softly.

I suppressed the sudden 'shy' feelings I had and took the opportunity to talk to him longer. However, just after a little chit-chat, the nurse attending the woman in the accident suddenly came out of the room.

"Miss Yu, the patient is already awake."

But then, she suddenly saw the man standing next to me and couldn't help but be in awe for a while. I smirked inwardly at her reaction. Lennox is really that good-looking, huh.

"Oh! Mayor Lennox, you're also here. I apologise for not saying my greetings earlier. You can go ahead and visit the patient with Miss Yu, if you'd like to." the nurse greeted Lennox, in a more enthusiastic tone compared to when she greeted me.

"Thanks." Lennox replied, giving her his usual polite smile.

The nurse led us in and let the woman and the child be aware of our presence. The child already knew me from earlier so he didn't show any reaction when I came in. However, he was startled a bit as he looked at Lennox, as if he was questioning his presence. On the other hand, the woman had a confused look on her face.

"Ma'am, this woman here is Miss Yu, she provided basic first aid for you and your kid earlier. She also already settled the bills for you. Then, Mayor Lennox is also here because he probably heard what happened. " the nurse said.