Chapter 69: Soulmate

Ryzen POV

I don't know why, but for some reason, Lennox was being so clingy today. He had always been affectionate, but it was just so extra today. He literally could not get his hands off me.

Somewhat, I understand...

After all, this is the first time that we visited my condo after everything that happened.

At the Yu mansion, although he visited often, there were many eyes following us.

The mansion was huge, but it does not make me feel like we had privacy. There was too much house-help in there.

Besides, it is not like atmosphere here in my condo, where we have spent most of our time together before.

Aside from being exceedingly affectionate, Lennox would often look at me with a meaningful stare. During a moment, I asked him why he was staring at me that way.

"Why? Am I not allowed to stare at you? I can't help it... you're too beautiful."

Because he would murmur sweet nothings like those, I did not think much of it. I was too flustered to question him more.

I am not one who get flustered easily with compliments but whenever he says it with his deep, low voice and at the same time, looks at me with a loving stare, it was really impossible to not make my heart flutter.

But, from the looks of it, he really looked like he wanted to say something. He was just hesitant about it and covered it up by purposely making me flustered.

"Do you have something you want to tell me?" I said in a soft voice.

I was leaning on his shoulder, so I stretched out my hand and cupped his face, looking intently into his eyes.

Lennox took my palm off his face and kissed it softly. He really loves doing this, huh?

Then, he stroked my forehead a little and swept his hand through my hair. He looked like he was still contemplating, as he looked at me with a hint of worry.

I took his hand and kept rubbing it on my face. I liked how I felt his skin and body temperature through my palm.

I like it all. I like everything about him.

"Why are you hesitating? Is it hard to tell? If it so, then it is okay. I respect you and I won't ask anymore..." I murmured gently.

Lennox shook his head a little and suddenly took the opportunity to capture my slightly opened lips.

He sucked on my lips and wove his mouth into my open mouth. His tongue slightly caressed the insides of it.

He left my lips for a second, only to start kissing me again. He suckled, licked, caressed and bit my lips.

The kiss was passionate, as if he was drawing courage from doing that.

"It's not that... I'm just a little bit wary, since what I'm about to say may sound ridiculous. It is fine if you do not take it seriously." he said.

I curved my lips into a genuine smile, wanting to assure him.

"It's fine. Don't worry, no matter what it is, I'll listen to it." I replied in a gentle tone.

His jaw clenched and he closed his eyes for a little bit. When he opened his eyes, he licked his lips before talking.

It really looked like a difficult thing to say, hmm? Just when I was about to say that he really did not have to say it, he suddenly spoke.

"I had a dream about another woman."

When I heard those words though, my heart sank almost instinctively. I froze on my spot.