Chapter 18: Bloody Scene

Ryzen POV

I really like my routine nowadays. It's been a carefree life so far and I've never had any worries. I go to UP Med, volunteer at La Coron City and finally, I hang out with Millen Yu's loved ones.

At this point, I could really feel the love she gets from her family. They're affectionate and sweet with her, which is like a new experience for me. Along with the red-haired man's notices, I just decided to accept it. Who knows how long this would last, right? After I complete my mission, I may never experience that kind of warmth again.

Besides, I'm also slowly getting closer to Zaynah as Millen Yu. I really wish I could tell her right away that it's me, her sister, but I know the rules wouldn't allow me to. Aside from that, the thought itself is crazy. Who in the world would believe that soul-swapping does exist? With Zaynah's personality, instead of believing me, she might stay away from me instead and lowkey think that I'm out of my mind to declare that I'm actually her sister.

Today, after many weeks of not seeing each other, I decided to meet up with Millen's best friend, Juli. Although Millen's family definitely noticed the changes when I occupied her body, they didn't think of it much and were just glad that Millen was finally more 'mature'.

However, Juli is a different case. After all, Millen used to spend more time with her before than her own family. Juli knows Millen by her whole heart. I'm glad that she's not suspicious but inwardly, I feel like she probably finds the drastic change in Millen's personality to be a bit strange.

"You know, I always thought that you'd also work at your family's business after college. Who knew that you'd actually pursue medicine, hmm?" Juli said while we were walking together in a shopping centre.

My heart quivered a bit. Is she suspicious already?

"Hmm. Yeah. I decided to go for it since my course was a pre-med course anyway. It's good way to pass some time." I said nonchalantly.

Juli looked as if she was enlightened as she nodded at me.

"Yeah, that makes sense! Now working at my dad's company, I can feel some kind of pressure already. I should've pursued a master's degree or something before working. When we were studying, I always wanted to graduate already. But now that I'm working, I want to study again and enjoy the student life." Juli stated as she let out a soft sigh afterwards.

I giggled a bit. Even though I'm still studying now as Millen, I can definitely relate to her sentiments since in my original life, I've also felt that way. Studying medicine and practicing it are totally different things. If studying medicine was hard, practicing it was a hundred times harder. In actual practice, you just can't rely on textbook knowledge. You would have to use instinct and empathy since you have the responsibility for a person's life.

It's quite a heavy responsibility, I must say.

"But you know, I'm so jealous because you're so matured already. So different from before. It seems like now, you're so goal-oriented and you already know what to do for the future. As for me, I still want to party all the time and go to festivals even though I know I can't." Juli pouted.

I smiled at her and patted her shoulder a bit.

"It's okay, there's no rush. Eventually, you'll figure out what you want and have the motivation to pursue it." I said calmly.

Juli was surprised for a bit before smiling with a cheeky expression.

"See, see! You even say mature things now. Gosh, I really need to step up my game and catch up to you, Millen." she said jokingly.