Chapter 58: Greed

Ryzen POV

"Ahhh!"

Even though it was no use since I had tape over my mouth, I couldn't help but shiver and continue screaming as we got in the helicopter, remembering the fragment of memories during the day I 'died'.

It was suffocating and ever since that day, I honestly developed a fear of riding planes or any kind of that. For this very reason, I declined everytime Millen Yu's parents would invite me to go on a vacation overseas. I would only join their vacation for courtesy purposes whenever we travelled by yacht around the islands in the country and neighbouring countries.  

It was a very scary ride, as if I was living an actual nightmare...

Even though I feel uncertain and admittedly, petrified, I just could not wait to get to wherever they want to take me.

I just want this to be over... I don't like the feeling of travelling by air...

I'm scared! I'm scared that it's going to crash down and everything's going to be dark again!

I thought I would forget the feeling, but my body itself is instinctive and seems to be automatically petrified, reacting on its own.

As I heard the loud noise of landing, I tried hard to keep myself awake but I just couldn't....

"I think she's awake already, Sir." a loud voice remarked.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, wishing that everything else that I have witnessed before was just a nightmare. That at least, I had my life just the way it was before.

However, now, I was stuck in an environment that wasn't that different from the last place I've been. It seemed to be an abandoned warehouse, with everything so dark and only dim lights illuminating the whole place.

I felt that my hands and feet were still tied. However, unlike before, the tape on my mouth has been removed.

I was slightly relieved at that, as I was able to bite my lips. Now, what do I do? Am I even capable of doing anything in this situation?

I heard loud footsteps and smelt hints of cigar.

Xavier Ayala, now changed into casual clothes, looked at me with dark eyes. He casually threw his cigar on the floor as he walked towards me.

I only glared at him intensely. If only I could, I'd yell at him violently and if my body was free, I'd like to at least slap him.

"How can you do this?" I said in a very bitter tone, acid dropping in every word.

It turned out that I'm really not a good judge of character. I was with him and Juli for a long time while completing Millen's undergraduate course. I should've suspected him from as early as that!

It was his shameless flirt and sarcastic facade that made me think so otherwise. I thought he was just a typical rich boy who wasn't so problematic...

Xavier didn't answer as he only moved even closer to me. He caressed my cheek and looked at my lips with a hungry gaze.

As he moved his face closer, I instinctively moved my face away, just so he wouldn't be able to do what he was planning.

Noticing what I did, Xavier glared at me, fuming with anger.

Suddenly, he reached for the upper part of my dress as he tried to drag it down slowly.

"No!!! What the hell are you doing!?" I screamed.

The sleeveless dress that I was wearing was quite modest. Its length was up to my knees and the upper part was covering even my collarbones.