Chapter 28: The National Event

Ryzen POV

After I had that talk with Zaynah, I took the time to just stay in my room all day, reflecting on my life so far.

Talking with her made me realise just how much things have changed and how much time have really passed...

After a proper reflection, I figured that I was really enjoying being Millen Yu, almost forgetting that this isn't me. This isn't my body. This isn't my life. I am only borrowing it for a while to accomplish a bizarre mission.

I still have lots of questions left unanswered but overthinking will not solve any problems. I just hope that by the end of this, Mr. Red-haired man will be able to give me the answers that I am looking for.

"Millen, darling, you need to hurry up. We'll finally see the dress today. My gosh! I can't wait to see how it'd look good on you." a warm voice suddenly said.

I turned around and saw that it was Katrina Yu, already dolled up.

Ah, yes, for today, we're going to meet with a renowned designer for the dress that I would wear for the national event happening a week later.

The State of the Nation Address is an annual national event in the country, where the president would deliver a speech informing the whole country about its current economic, political and social condition.

It is attended by numerous government officials and party leaders all over the country. Therefore, it is not a surprise that the senate president, 'my' grandfather, Zeus Costales, would attend.

Based from the memories that I have seen, Millen Yu has always been Zeus Costales' partner in the event since she turned 18. And so, because of that, she would always put in efforts to make to prepare for the event. With the influence of her mother, they would always contact the best fashion designers to design a gown for her.

In fact, their efforts are not totally in vain since the media would always write up frivolous articles regarding the event, criticising the attendees' fashion. In those articles, Millen would always rank in the best-dressed list, even topping the list for a few years now.

Of course, for my part, it is not an issue for me to be dressed in a pretty dress and be dolled up. But in my heart, I somehow feel guilty since the amount that Millen Yu's family have spent on a single dress would already equal to a whole exclusive village.

I was from a pretty good family already, but Millen Yu's status as an elite is no joke!

Even her mere allowance every month is larger than my salary as an experienced doctor... and that's not even including the additional pocket money she gets from her family.

I smiled at Katrina Yu before finally getting up from my dressing table and turning to her.

"Ok, I'm ready now. Let's go." I said in a soft tone.

In no time, we already arrived at the exclusive place where we would meet the designer.

"Good afternoon, Madame Katrina. It is an honour to be able to meet you again." someone greeted in a high-pitched tone.

I turned into that person and it was a tall man who was wearing flamboyant clothes. He had a pretty fair skin and looked like he was in his 40's already.

Indeed, this is the renowned designer that Katrina Yu hired. His name is Luka, the most popular Filipino fashion designer who is also well-loved worldwide. There is a high-demand for him all over the world since he already designed dresses for numerous A-list Hollywood celebrities and even royal families from other countries.