Chapter 70: A Realised Dream

Ryzen POV

"Just like what I told you before, the heavens truly have a way of doing things. Because you stayed by that man's side, he was able to draw strength from you and you were able to inspire him to continue improving himself."

When I heard the familiar voice, I instantly shivered. How many years has it been since I last heard that!?

I forced myself to calm down, so I can state my reply in a composed manner.

"Sorcellerie! How long has it been? I was trying to contact you when the heavens suddenly showed that particular dream to my husband."

Surprisingly, even though I was already expecting that his voice would suddenly disappear again, he replied.

"Indeed. The heavens were merciful enough, were they not? They even allowed you to disclose that to him. It only made your souls more intertwined with each other."

My eyes got a bit teary. Even though I could not physically see him, communicating with him like this again evokes nostalgic feelings.

"From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I am indebted to the heavens for everything that I have..." I murmured.

After I said that, there was a long silence.

Instead of being annoyed though, I smirked. Some things never change, hmm? He would say something randomly and disappear quickly after that.

Truthfully, I never expected that I would be able to communicate with Sorcellerie again. After all, I already completed that mission a long time ago.

It is quite fascinating that he would communicate to me again in this particular day, the last day of Lennox's presidency.

Within six years, he was really able to implement his vision.

Because he was loyal to the nation, the people followed him and in turn, they were loyal to it as well.

It was not an easy ride and not every moment was perfect. There were some things that did not go exactly the way that he planned it.

Nevertheless, a new nation was born.

After running for more terms as a mayor in La Coron City, he became a representative in the congress and finally, he ran for presidency.

It was a landslide victory and it has been something that the public has been looking forward to for a long time.

With everything that happened, I am so incredibly proud. The nation we have now is full of bright future ahead. It was a stark contrast to the way it was decades ago.

But then, this is only the beginning.

What I loved the most about the changes was the prioritisation for the healthcare and research sectors.

Before, the healthcare industry was not as valued as other industries. They had bare minimum wages despite working endless shifts. And so, most did not have the choice but to flee the country and work overseas instead, where they find governments who truly value the nature of their work.

But now, since the government have continuously improved the system of the healthcare industry, less healthcare workers are deciding to leave overseas for work. Quite simply, they are becoming more satisfied with their new wages and how the country finally recognised their worth.