Quidditch

Y/N POV

Today, me and Harry are meeting up Oliver Wood so he can teach us the concept of Quidditch.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand." Oliver began. "Each teams have 7 players. 3 chaser, 1 keeper, 2 beaters, and 1 seeker. There are three different kinds of balls. This red one is call a Quaffle. The match begins once the Quaffle is thrown into the air. Chasers, like yourself Y/N, handle the Quaffle. You try to put it into one of those three hoops. It's worth 10 points if you score."

"So like basketball?" I said.

"Basketball?" Oliver questioned.

"I'll tell you later." I replied.

"Right. Now, keepers, such as myself, try to prevent the other team from scoring. And then, there's beaters. A Beaters' job is to-"

"Protect the seeker from getting hit." I said cutting Oliver off.

"Yes. How'd you know?"

"Fred and George. They told us."

"Oh. Of course but um, the beaters will also have bats to hit the Bludgers. And lastly, we have the seeker. That's you Harry. Now, you have a very important job." Oliver looked at Harry seriously. "You have to catch the snitch before the other team does. The snitch is worth 150 points and the game is over when the snitch is caught."

"But catching the snitch doesn't necessarily mean you win, right?" I asked.

"Yes, but most of the time you do. So, if your team scores 170 points or something and the other team has only 10 points and catches the snitch, your team wins."

"I see."

"Yes and this is a snitch." Oliver said holding up a golden ball. It's small and in the air it would be very hard to see.

"Now," Oliver began. "Harry grab a broom. You too, Y/N. I'm going to see exactly how good you guys are." Me and Harry nodded and shortly, we got brooms.

"Now, I'm going to be the keeper. Y/N, you try to score as many goals as you can." Oliver spoke.

I went up into the air with the Quaffle in my hands. Oliver was in front of the hoops. Quidditch is just like basketball but in the air with three hoops. I heard that Oliver is one of the best keeper in the school. I am quite good at basketball so maybe if I incorporate some of my basketball skill in this, I can get a score.

I came flying towards the right hoop making Oliver think I'm going to score there. I got some momentum in the arm I was holding the Quaffle in making it look like as if I was going to go for the right hoop, I made a turn and threw it into the left hoop.

Oliver POV

Y/N was making her way towards the right hoop and was about to shoot.

'Is she serious?' I mumbled under my breathe. 'She's making it obvious where she's going to shoot.'

Right when she was about to shoot she turned and shoot towards the left hoop.

"Whoa!" I said. "I might have under estimated you, Y/N."

"Of course you did." she replied. "It was part of the plan."

"What do you call that move?"

"It's a stunt."

"A stunt?" I questioned.

"Yes. It's when people, me in this case, make an other people, you, believe that they were going to go a certain direction but then change." I looked at her confused.