The End of the Beginning

Y/N POV

I woke up to realize that I was on a bed in the Hospital Wing. There were many sweets and cards next to my bed. There was also a bunch of roses.

I look over to Harry who was in the bed next to me. He also had a bunch of sweet and cards next to his bed.

"How do you feel?" I asked.

"I'm alright. You?"

"Good." I answered.

Then, the door opened.

"Good afternoon. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?" Dumbledore said.

"Admirers?" Harry questioned.

"What happened down in the dungeons, between you two and Professor Quirrell, is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows."

"How long were we out for?" I asked.

"Not too long. Ah, I see your friend, Ronald, has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs."

"Ron. Is he alright? And how about Hermione?" I questioned.

"Fine. They're all fine." Dumbledore replied.

"And what about the Stone?" me and Harry asked in unison.

"Relax children. The Stone has been destroyed. My friend, Nicolas, and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" Harry asked.

"He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order, but yes. He will die."

"How is it that I got the Stone, sir? I minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next.."

"Ah, you see. Only a person who wanted to find the Stone finds it, but not use it, would be able to get it. This is one of my more brilliant ideas and between you and me, that's saying something."

"Does that mean with the Stone gone, Voldemort can never come back?" Harry asked.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Kids, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?"

Harry and I shook our heads. "If was because of your mothers. They sacrificed themselves for you two and that kind of act leaves a mark."

"Sir, then, why don't I have a mark?" I asked.

"This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?" Harry asked.

"Love, children, love. Oh and Y/N, I heard that you have some powers of your own."

"Yes."

"You're very special. You'll need to learn how to use your powers."

"How, sir?"

"We'll discuss it next time. For now, have some candy." he said. He winked at us and left.

Me and Harry were then discharged from the hospital. We were walking back to the common room when we saw Draco.

"Y/N!" he shouted as he ran up to me. "Thank Merlin you're okay! I told you not to go! See what I told you!? You were injured! I don't what what I would have done if you died or something!"

"Whoa. Calm down Draco." I chuckled.

"Yeah Malfoy. Calm down." Harry spoke.

"I wasn't talking to you, Potter." he spat.

"Draco! Be nice to my friends!"

"S-Sorry." he apologized.

"Malfoy? You're apologizing? Wow." Harry said in shock.

"Don't get used to it Potter. I'm only apologizing cause Y/N is here."

"Whatever."

"Well um. I'll see you later Draco." I said.

"Alright. I'll see you later Y/N." Draco said and left.

==========
We are all in the Great Hall for the final feast. The Great Hall was decorated with green Slytherin banners hanging from the top.

"Another year has gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the point stand thus." Dumbledore began. "In fourth place, Gryffindor with 302 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 350 points. I'm second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, with 482 points, Slytherin house."

The whole Slytherin cheered loudly.

"Yes, well done Slytherin. Well done. However, recent events must be taken into account, and I have a few last minute points to award. To Ms. Hermione Granger, for cool use of intellect while others were in great peril, 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played chess Hogwarts has seen these many years, 30 points. And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor 50 points. And fourth, to Ms. Y/N L/N ,for a pure heart of gold, an intelligent of a Ravenclaw, and bravery like a Gryffindor, I award 50 points." We were tied with Slytherin now.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a even more great deal to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom. Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order. Gryffindor wins the house cup!" Dumbledore announced. Everyone cheered except for some of the Slytherin.

================

Today was the day we all head home. Me and Harry saw Hagrid and decided to say goodbye to him.

"Thought you were leaving without saying goodbye, did ya?" he said.

"Here, I got you two something." he said and handed me and Harry a picture book.

I opened it to see a picture of my parents holding me as a baby. I flipped through more pages to see pictures of my friends.

"Thanks Hagrid" me and Harry said and hugged him.

He hugged back and said, "Go on, you two. Oh, listen, Harry, is that foot cousin of yours, Dudley, gives you any grief, you could always threaten him with a nice pair of ears to go with that tail of his."

"But Hagrid, we're not allowed to do magic away from Hogwarts. You know that." Harry said.

"I do. But, your cousin don't, do he? Eh?" Hagrid chuckled.

"Off you go now." he said and me and Harry left and boarded the train.

I was in a compartment with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione said.

"Kinda." I replied. "But we'll be back."

"We will. Hopefully we can have a normal year next year." Ron said.

"I don't know, Ron. Normal is boring." I said and we all laughed.

"Promise you'll all write this summer?" Hermione said.

"Promise." we all said.

===========

The train came to a stop. We've finally arrived. I took my luggage and said my goodbyes to my other friends.

"Y/N!" a voice called out.

"Oh hey Draco." I said smiling.

He ran up to me and hugged me.

"Promise you'll write to me this summer?"

"I don't know." I said teasing him.

"Come on. Please." he begged.

"I'm only joking, Draco. I promise I'll write to you."

"Great! I'll miss you, Y/N."

"I'll miss you too."

"Do you want to meet up at Diagon Alley so we can go shopping together?" he asked.

"Sure! Anyways, I best to going now. I'll see ya!" I said and left.

This year was full of adventure. I can't wait for all the adventure that awaits us. This is just the end of the beginning.

~End of First Year~