Defense Against the Dark Arts

Y/N POV

I arrived back at the Great Hall to see that Ron had received a howler. Poor Ron.

"Hey guys." I said walking over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Hi Y/N." Ron said.

"Um, I'm sorry that you got a howler."

"No, don't apologize. It was my fault that I took the car."

"Where did you go, Y/N?" Harry asked.

"Oh um, I had to ask Severus something." I replied.

"Alright. Anyways, what do we have next?"

"DADA with Gilderoy Lockhart." Hermione answered.

"Well, what are y'all waiting for? Let's go!" I exclaimed.

We head out to Lockhart's classroom. There were already students there. One table only had room for three people so I let Harry, Ron, and Hermione sit together. I looked for an other seat and found one between Draco and Julie.

"Hey guys." I said. "Is this seat taken?"

"Hey girl, of course it's not taken. Draco have been saving this seat for you." Julie said.

Draco blushed a bit.

"Awww, really? Thanks Draco." I smiled.

"N-n-no problem." Draco stuttered.

Draco is so cute when he stutters. Wait, what. What am I thinking? Do I like him or something? I sat down ignoring the fact that I have this strange feeling inside of me.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, me, Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of Bandon Banshee by just smiling at her!" Lockhart said.

I looked at Hermione who was swooning over him and all the other girls too. I was the only girl who wasn't swooning.

"I'm surprised you aren't swooning over him like all the other girls." Draco whispered to me.

"Yea cause I don't like him. He looks fake and is too full of himself. I swear, he's gay for himself!" I whispered back. Draco laughed at what I said.

"I see you've all brought a complete set of my books. Well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about. Just to check how well you've read them and how much you've taken in." Lockhart said.

Lockhart passed out the quiz. It was all about him.

"You have thrity minutes, start now."

I don't like Lockhart. In fact, I hate him. I've read all his books and I hated it. Even though I don't like him, I still wanted to get a good grade on this quiz.

After thrity minutes, he collected the quizes and looked at them.

"Tut tut. Hardly any of you remember my favorite color is Liliac besides Ms. Y/N L/N. But, Ms. Hermione Granger and Ms. Y/N L/N know that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potion. Good girls." Lockhart said.

Hermione beamed but I just stayed still.

"Looks like Ms. Y/N L/N had read all of my books carefully and got all the questions right. Now that is a true fan." Lockhart smiled at me.

I faked smiled back and groaned. Okay, maybe I should have just get the answers wrong. Now he thinks I'm one of his fan! Great, just great.

"Now! Be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know onlt that no harm can befall you whilst I am here." he said as he turn to the cage. "I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them."

He removed the cloth covering the cage revealing a bunch of Cornish Pixies.

"Cornish Pixies?" Seamus questioned.

"Freshly caught Cornish Pixies. Laugh is you will, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you guys can do." Lockhart said and released the pixies.

The pixies started causing chaos all over the room.

"Come on, now. They're only pixies" Lockhart exclaims.

A couple of pixies had grabbed Neville but the ears and dragged him up to the ceiling. Poor Neville. There were a couple pixies trying to grab my stuff too. As well as everyone else's.

Just then, three pixies started messing my hair and tried to drag me up like Neville. I try to whack them away and Draco helped too. The pixies were really getting on my nerves. Lockhart was hiding under his desk since the pixies had stolen his wand.

"ENOUGH!" I yelled with a force of energy coming out of me.

It was like the same one that happened at Diagon Alley but instead, it slowed time. I realized what I did and calmed down. Then, it went back to normal. However, this meant that the pixies were back to normal.

I grabbed my wand a said a spell. "Immobulus!"

This caused the pixies to freeze in mid air.

"Finally, it's over." Julie said.

"I didn't know you could do that, Y/N. You can slow down time." Draco said.

"I didn't know either." I replied.

"Why is it always me?" Neville questioned still up in the air.

===============

Today was, something. I really need to know how to control my powers and learn how to use it. I was already in the common room when Harry, Ron, and Hermione came in.

"Hey guys." I greeted.

"Hey." they replied back.

"So, um." Ron began.

"What happened today," Harry continued.

"How were you able to do that?" Hermione finished.

"Honestly, I don't know. I didn't even know I could do that." I answered.

"Has it happened before?" Hermione asked.

"Yes, actually. Back at Knockturn Alley." I replied.

"Oh yea. There were weird people trying to get to us and Y/N let out a force of energy and knocked those people down!" Harry exclaimed. "It was awesome!"

"Wicked!" Ron said.

"Sure it might be awesome but it could be dangerous. You need to learn how to control your powers, Y/N." Hermione said.

"I know, but I don't know how."

"We'll help you, Y/N." Hermione said.

"Thanks guys." I smiled.

"What are friends for?" Harry said.

We laughed and send our time talking in the common room until it was time to go to bed.