A Ball?

Totally not crying cause we hit 200k reads :')

=====

Y/N POV

"There's a what?!" I questioned.

"A dance, Miss. L/N. Also preferably known as the Yule Ball." McGonagall said.

"And we have to dance?" I questioned again.

"Yes. It is a tradition, so you must respect it. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening miscirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboon."

"Try saying that five times faster." the twins whispered to each other. "Babbling bumbling band of baboon." they reapeatly whispered.

I groaned crossing my arms knowing I can't dance for a living. At least just like those fancy ball dances whatever they are called.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl is a secret sawn, slumbered longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall began. "Inside every boy is a lordly lion prepared to prance." She then looked around then pointed at Ron. "Mr. Weasley, will you join me?"

"Oh boy." I laughed to myself.

I heard some snickers from around the room Poor Ron. Fred and George are surely going to enjoy this.

"Now, put your right hand on my waist." McGonagall instructed to Ron.

"Wha?" Ron questioned.

"My waist." McGonagall said again. Ron hesitantly listened and gained a cat whistle from the crowd. The music then started playing and McGonagall counted the steps. "One, two, three, one two three.

"Oi, never gonna let him forget, are you?" Harry asked to the twins.

"Never." they smirked.

"Every body come together!" McGonagall yelled.

The girls stood up while the boys still sat there all awkwardly.

"Boys! On your feet!" McGonagall demanded.

======

Soon enough, it was the next say at breakfast. Julie, Hermione, and I sat together while the boys were some where else.

"A bloody ball!" I exclaimed.

"Yup." Hermione sighed again.

"Who are you planning on going with?" I asked her.

"I honestly don't know. I have someone in mind but,"

"But?" Julie queried.

"I think he might ask someone else out." Hermione claimed.

"What about Viktor?" Julie asked.

"What about him?"

"He seems to take an interest to you, Mione." I answered.

"I mean, he did kind of asked me."

"And what did you say?!" Julie and I said in unison.

"I said no." Hermione said.

"Well then, maybe we can just go to the balls together as gals." I sighed.

"Y/N. Aren't you going with Draco?" Julie asked in confusion.

"Well, he still haven't asked me out yet." I informed.

"But you guys are a couple. That means you guys are going together. Right?" Hermione pondered.