The Champions

Y/N POV

It was time for DADA with our new professor, Alastor Moody. Every year, we're getting a new professor for DADA and they never end up good. Well, expect Remus. It's a real shame he had to leave. As always, I sat next to Draco and Julie.

"Alastor Moody." he wrote on the board. "Ministry malcontent and your new defense against the darks teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

I didn't think anyone dared to even ask anything to him seeing how he is. He is also known to me mad thus the name Mad-Eye Moody. The fake eye freaks people out.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, can anyone tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" Moody asked.

"Three, sir." Hermione answered.

The unforgivable curses. Dealt with them, hated it. Don't ever want to deal with one again. They're unforgivable for a reason.

"Now the ministry says you're too young what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're going up against. you need to be prepared, you need to find somewhere else to put your gum other than under the desk, Mr. Finnigan!" shouted catching Seamus off guard.

Moody then throws his chalk at Seamus after he said, "Aw, no way the old codger can see out of the back of his head!"

"So what first curse shall we see first?" he questioned looking around the room to pick on someone. "Weasley!"

"Y-yes." Ron said.

"Stand." Moody ordered. "Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one.." Ron paused for a moment. "The imperious curse."

"Ah, yes. Your father would know about all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps, this will show you why." Moody said taking a spider from the jar, casting a spell making it bigger.

"Imperio!" he cast on the spider. The spider began to get out of control and Moody started moving the spider around the room using his wand. Everyone filled the room with laughter.

"Talented, isn't she? What should I make her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? Scores with witches and wizard have claimed that they only did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we know who's the liars?"

Moody then picks on Neville to tell us the next curse.

"There's the um.... the cruciatus curse.." Neville answered.

"Particularly nasty. The torture curse." Moody said then casting the spell on the spider. The spider screech in pain while Neville looked in disturbed.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him!?" Hermione shouted out.

Moody then brought the spider to Hermione's desk and asked her for the last curse. Hermione looked hesitant and didn't want to answer.

"No? Avada Kedavra!" Moody cast killing the spider. "The killing curse. Only one person have been known to live through it and one who escaped it. Fortunately, both of them are in this room at this moment." he said looking at Harry and I.

===============

I was in the great hall with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, and Julie. Students from all the three school of age are coming to put their name in the goblet of fire. One of the many was Cedric. Cedric then came our direction and I congratulated him.

"Congrats, Ced." I smiled.

"Thank you, Y/N. I'm really hoping that I do get choosen-"

"Back off, Diggory. She's my girl." Draco glared at him.