4: Hell Week

"Are you done packing?" My roommate Jin hyung asked me while folding his clothes neatly.

We're going to Japan for our tour, and it's gonna be a week.

A hell of a week without Sophie.

It's been a month since I knew her, or her name at least.

I'm always seeing her everyday at the library but we rarely have time to talk with each other.

Because every time I enter the library, it's about time for her to go home.

I wish I can go to the library early so I could spend time with her, but my mornings are for bangtan.

Dancing, rehearsing, meetings, photoshoots.

Sometimes I do my work at night just to see her in the afternoon, even for a while.

Once I asked her how old is she, but she asked the question back at me.

"22," I answered my own question.

"Then I guess my age is the same as yours," she smiled widely.

The other day I asked her what does she do, like if she's working or studying.

"How about you Yoongi? What do you do?"

She has this habit of  bouncing my own questions back at me.

"I write songs."

Her eyes sparkled, "You do? That's great!"

"So how about you?"

"I spread love," she smiled as if her answer was a normal thing. "I want people to know what true love is."

"What is love for you then?"

"Answer me first Yoongi, what is love for you?"

That leave me speechless.

I wrote so many things about love, but what is the real meaning of love for me?

And with that, she left me frozen again.

Up until today I'm still thinking of what to answer her, but nothing fits.

Every time I go see her, I remind myself to tell her that I'm going to Japan for a week so that I can say goodbye properly.

It's not that I'm assuming that she will look for me if I don't come to see her.

Or maybe I am.

Something in me hopes that she will miss me, or look for me, or at least wonder if I'm going to come and see her.

But I never had the chance. Because every time I'm with her, my mind goes completely blank.

All I can see is her, and all I can utter are random questions that I didn't even think about.

I wish I could meet her today, but we finished the meeting too late and the library is already closed by that time.

"Hey I'm talking to you," Jin hyung pushed me out of my thoughts. "You better pack now coz we're leaving tomorrow morning."

-

Days goes by without Sophie.

It becomes a habit to see her every afternoon.

Like my body has an alarm every afternoon saying, 'I need Sophie to recharge.'

And now im falling off my daily routine, things seems new to me once again.

I'm thankful the army are there to recharge me. Performing on stage in front of them really recharges me.

But I can't stop thinking about her.

Every time the sun sets, I unconsciously asks myself.

Is she preparing to go home now?

I hope she's not sleeping again beside the window, I smiled as I remembered her sleeping face.

And.... I hope she's missing me.

"Alright it's our last night. Let's go for it!" Our leader shouted as we gathered in circle.

"Bangtan Bangtan BangBangtan!"

-

"Ahh we're finally going home," Jhope yawned as he lazily sat down on the airplane's chair beside me.

Jungkook who's sitting in front turned to us, "Someone's excited to go home." He told Jhope while his lips points at me.

I'm not excited.

I'm eager.

Not to go home, but to see Sophie.

Jhope turns his whole body to face me, "Hyung, can you please tell us."

The maknae line turned to look too.

"Where are you going all this time when you said you're going to the library?" Jhope continued.

All of their full attention is at me, eyes widened, waiting for my answer.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Aish. What do you mean? I'm really going to the library."

"Aish hyung! Stop lying!" Taehyung exclaimed, "As if you're really going to the library just to read???" He said this as if he's stating the obvious.

"I swear I'm not lying. I really go there. You can ask our driver," I shrugged.

"We just thought you're seeing someone, because you seem different." Jimin chimed in with a grin, teasing me.

I know I feel different. Like I'm not the same grumpy Yoongi as before.

But I didn't know that the people around me felt that too.

"I sometimes caught him smiling alone like an idiot every time he got home from the library," Jin joined the conversation from the back.

I blushed, clearly embarrassed.

"Aish these guys!" I laughed, "I promise you, I'll tell you when the right time comes."

But when?

When is the right time?