48: Blue Sweater

The hours of flight from Hongkong to Korea feels like eternity as I sat on the airplane, my whole body sinking.

I shook all my negative thoughts and told myself that Sophie's just unconscious. She's just unconscious and she will wake up again.

I went straight to their house and hammered their doorbell so fast like it was about to break.

Afriel opened the door. His eyes red and puffy like he's been crying for a long time, "You're late hyung." His voice so soft and full of agony.

Suddenly, breathing became hard for me.

I ran past Afriel and went upstairs, "Where is she?"

I opened her room and saw no one is in there.

My heart striking through my chest.

Tears started to fell from my eyes.

"Where is she? Afriel where is she!" I shouted.

This can't be happening.

Afriel appeared in the doorway, crying. "Hyung she's gone. They took her back."

I bended down to level his eyes on mine as I shook him, "Tell me she's not gone. Please tell me Afriel, she's not gone."

"Hyung!" He held on my shoulders so I stopped shaking him. "I'm sorry, but she's gone. The angels took her, they said she's not right for our world."

My whole world suddenly stopped from turning.

She's gone.

She's not right for our world.

My body went numb and I fell on the floor with my knees, staring straightly on Afriel.

Afriel suddenly hugged me. I was taken aback but I hugged him back. I laid his head on my shoulders and I felt his tears on my neck as he was crying uncontrollably.

"We don't deserve her hyung, we don't," he muttered through sobs.

I patted his head. I'm devastated, but I know he is too. She's his sister, I know how much he loves her.

I want to say something. Something to lessen his pain, but I can't because I also feel like dying.

Afriel pulled away from the hug. He's still crying as he ran to his room and smashed his door closed.

Then I was left all alone.

All alone in her bedroom.

Her heavenly smell still lingering all over the room.

I hugged her pillow and laid my head on her bed as I kneeled on the floor.

Sophie, you said you won't leave me.

Are you coming back? You promised me!

Tears falling from my eyes like an endless stream.

I felt my whole world shattering, my heart exploding into pieces.

And all I know is that nobody can't fix it, except her.