40: Confession

I leaned my back on the doorway to listen to them, making sure they won't see me.

I know I shouldn't eavesdrop again, but I'm curious as hell!

I want to know. Even I already had a clue what he's going to tell her, I still want to hear him say it directly from his mouth.

"Sophie... I... I," Namjoon stammered, then I heard an audible bang.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Sophie worriedly asked.

Even though I can't see them, I know what it is. It's Namjoon being clumsy again, hurting himself.

Or maybe he's drunk?

"Please. Don't touch me. I might not control myself," I heard Namjoon saying with a serious voice.

Wtf is that?

"Ahh sorry. But you're hurt," I tried to peek then I saw Sophie wanted to touch Namjoon's hurted knees but he moved back. Maybe she just wanted to heal him.

Oh god I thought they're doing something.

"Sophie listen. IwanttotellyouIlikeyou," he said it as fast like he was rapping.

"What? Sorry I didn't-"

"I said I like you. There I said it."

"I.. I, sorry Namjoon..." Sophie was the one who stammered this time, clearly surprised by what she heard.

"I'm sorry too. This is so selfish, but please. Can you please choose me over Yoongi?" He begged.

He fucking begged.

What the fuck is he saying? I clenched my fist.

I wanted to punch him so bad so he will come back to reality.

"Sophie," I heard him sniffed. So he's crying now? What the actual fuck. "What did you see on him? I can be like him."

I pulled out my hair. I'm getting really crazy.

"Namjoon. You're better just the way you are, you don't need to be anybody else just to please someone," Sophie said. I'm imagining her looking into Namjoon's eyes now. Because that's what she does if she says something meaningful.

I wonder if the things he saw on my eyes will be the same as Namjoon's.

I don't want someone else to see that purple hint in her eyes, I don't want someone to see my hiding place, my comfort zone.

That's mine. I'm selfish.

"But why Yoongi? Is it because he's the first one you met?"

Sophie didn't say anything.

"Will things change if you met me first?"

Again, she didn't answer back.

My stomach flipped. My legs went numb I feel I'll fall down anytime.

Is it true? Is it because she met me first that's why she liked me?

Is it because I'm the first human that became her friend, and she didn't have any choices that time?