53: Forever

Army time.

It's the part of our concert wherein we should say our messages to the army.

The whole concert was one of my best concerts so far, because Sophie is standing in front and she's watching me the whole time.

It feels surreal. The person I was deeply longing for in a long time was right smiling in front of me. If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up.

I can't take my eyes off on her because she's too much of a distraction, but I tried my best.

The others are done with their messages and now it's Jin hyung's turn. "Suga and I, we have an announcement," he told the army and they went silent.

And now I remember what is it. He gestured me to say it but I turned back to control the tears from falling, making the army go 'awww.'

"So... this year. We're enlisting for the army together," he announced making the whole crowd crazy.

I forgot.

We already talked about this and I agreed, because I don't really care. But everything changed when Sophie came back few hours ago.

I don't want to go. I don't want to live without her again.

I want to stay...

But I need to.

All of us also cried as Jin hyung said his farewell message. That he's going to miss everyone and he told the boys to take care of themselves while he's gone.

Then he gestured to me signaling it was my turn.

I looked over at Sophie. I can't really see her clearly because of the lights and my glassy eyes.

I put my microphone near my mouth, my hands shaking. "I... I..." I stammered then Hoseok gave me a gentle squeeze on my arms.

I wiped my tears and let out a deep breath then I began to speak, "I will miss everyone. Especially the army and my brothers."

The army cheered on me and the boys turned to give me a reassuring smile.

"But there's one person I will really miss the most," mixed reactions was heard from the crowd.

"I know some of you might not be happy. But I really wanted to tell everyone that I love someone and I'm really proud to say it," the crowd cheered again and they clapped. I felt courage knowing that the fans still accepted me.

I saw Sejin hyung making an X mark with her arms signaling me to stop, but I continued. "She left me for two years. Two years I was in the dark. But she came back to me and now I'm in the light again."

I jumped off the stage and walked over her. The fans around her squealed and the camera was turned towards us.

"Thank you. Thank you for coming back to me. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for making me happy. And most of all, thank you for accepting me and loving me," I wholeheartedly said with my microphone on. Not bothered about what others will say.

She was crying while covering her mouth, so I wiped her tears and held her hand.

"I'm sorry that I'll be leaving you this time. But I promise you I'll be back because there's something I wanted to do with you."