37: Fire

Sophie, I'll pick you up today. I don't have work.

I texted her. I finished all my works yesterday —writing songs, recording lines, meetings. Now I'm free for her.

Okay, 4pm.

My lips automatically smiled.

I wonder how her messages can make me smile even though they are short and emotionless.

See you.

-

My back leaning in front of my car. My fingers playing with my car keys as I wait for her.

"Yoon...!" I turned my head to see Sophie approaching me. She's not alone, she's with two ladies, I'm guessing same age as her.

I know she cut herself when she shouted my name, because people will turn to me if she shouted Yoongi. Beauty and Brains.

I held out my hand as she came closer to me then she immediately grabbed it.

I wonder why I'm still smiling even she can't see it under my mask.

"Ohhh is he your boyfriend? So sweet of him to pick you up at school," one of the girls grinned.

"Ahhh, he's not-"

The other girl cut Sophie off, "We should discuss our report tomorrow. See you Sophie!"

They waved goodbye then they walked away.

I opened the car door for Sophie, not saying anything to her. She hopped in then I went to the driver's seat.

I started to drive.

I don't know why I feel sad about her, telling her friends that I'm not her boyfriend.

I know it's true that we're not really dating.

But the things we do, that's what couples do right?

I felt her gently tapped my forearm, "Yoongi, are you okay?"

I was pushed out of my own thoughts, "Ahh yes yes. I'm good."

"Your mind is completely somewhere else. Something wrong?" She asked with a worrying tone.

I faked a smile, which is what I'm really good at. "Nothing."

I should just be thankful that's she's spending her time with me, and she's giving me a chance.

I should give her more time to become fully aware of her human side, because these things are new to her.

I shouldn't be an ungrateful bitch.

"Do you know that Angels can read minds?"

I kicked the break.

Both of us sprung out of our chair on the sudden halt.

I turned my head at her with widened eyes, "So... you? You're reading my mind ever since?"

Ahhh no, what should I do.

I tried to recall the things on my mind when I was with her.