24: I Knew

I'm still holding her hand, caressing my fingers through it while waiting for her to explain everything.

"I'm... not normal Yoongi. I'm no human."

I'm shocked.

But come to think of it...Of course she is not, because the things she does aren't normal, at all.

I want to say something but I just nodded my head, signaling her to continue.

"I'm an angel Yoongi... from above."

I want to furrow my eyebrows at her, right now. But I contained myself to look calm, "Please continue."

She took a deep breath.

"I'm half-angel and half-human. My mom, she was an angel too. But she met my dad. And... she chose him. She put away her immortality to live an earthly life and to be with him."

I can't process what she's saying right now, I just nodded at her.

"And so my mom gave birth to the three of us. Oppa Raphael, me and Afriel... But one day, both my mom and dad died from a car accident."

"Sorry for that," I lowly said the only words that can come out from my mouth.

"It's fine. That's the fate of humans, they die."

I was taken aback by her words, like death is just a normal thing to her.

"My mom had a wish before she died. She wants me to be in heaven, because I'm the only girl and she thought I'm too fragile for this world... and so I left my brothers with my grandparents."

Yes Sophie, you're too delicate for this chaotic world.

"But I want to be with my family, and so I came here several months ago, But not permanently..." she trailed off at the last words, like there's a hint of sadness.

"How long? How long can you stay here?" I immediately asked, as if her last words brought me back to reality.

"I don't know... Remember that time when I was gone for months?"

"Of course. How can I forget?"

How can I forget one of my low, hardest moments?

"I... I went back, above. Because I'm afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of us, getting closer..."

I stared into her eyes, looking for answers.

"Because, I don't know this feeling you gave me when I'm with you. The only thing I know is that I'm happy buy it's not right. I don't want us to be hurt... And so I just decided to went back above and live my destined life again."

I now let my eyebrows furrowed at her. What does she mean when she said, 'I don't know this feeling you gave me when I'm with you. The only thing I know is that I'm happy but it's not right?'

"But things aren't the same anymore. Even when I'm above, I'm still thinking about you. It's like I'm missing you. I'm so confused because I'm not used in my human emotions."

"I felt the same way Sophie. I really do."

"And so I decided to go back here on earth. I'm still uncertain of what will happen, but something in me is longing for you. Wants to be with you."

I can't help not to smile at what she's saying right now. Now things are getting clearer, that we felt the same.

"But I know we can't be together, and fate is doing it's job to pull as apart. And so-"

"You left me once again." I continued her sentence.

"I'm sorry. Now you know the reason we can't be together... Please understand I'm doing this for you," she caressed my hand with her thumb.

"Sophie you know I can do everything for you. I'm willing to leave these things behind me just for you."

I felt selfish.

What if I'm willing, but she's not?

Or maybe she can't?

"It's hard Yoongi. So hard I don't even know what I'm feeling right now," she started to cry.

I hugged her again, "Don't worry. I'll be here. I'm ready for everything."

This time I shouldn't be weak.

I should be stronger, to fight for her.

After a few minutes of comforting each other, I broke the hug.

"But who's that guy you're always with? You replaced me now," I said jokingly annoyed.

"Ohh... he's Zachael. He's an angel too. We're friends above."

"I thought I'm your only friend?"

She chuckled, "Everyone above are friends. But you're my only friend here, that's why you're special."

That's why you're special.

"You're red," she nonchalantly pointed my cheeks as if it's a normal thing.

I covered my cheeks, "Ahh no I'm not. I'm not blushing."

"What's blushing?" She asked innocently.

I can't tell her so I diverted the topic, "Ahh no. Then why is that Zach always with you?"

"He's guarding me. He wouldn't tell it but I know he's guarding me, from you."

"You know I won't hurt you," I reassured her.

"I know. I know Yoongi. That's why I trust you... and that's why I chose you."

"Chose me?"

"The first time I saw you, I knew."

"Knew what?" I still continued to ask her confusedly.

"That you're the one."

Then she smiled.

A smile that took away all my pain and replaced it with joy.

I never imagined that only one smile could bring me to life once again.