Slugclub

2 weeks had passed since the Halloween party. Tom had kept his promise and not mentioned Horcruxes at all. Katherine was sitting in front of the lake and reading, when a owl flew by and dropped a letter on her lap. Katherine eyed the letter suspiciously and then picked it up and opened it.

Dear miss Sloan

I would happily like to ask you and your brilliant mind to be apart of the Slugclub. The Slugclub is a club formed out of the best of the best, hand picked my yours truly. If you choose to accept this invitation, which I know you will, meet in my office tonight at 8:30pm. The club is hosting a party, it is formal so dress appropriately.

Yours truly,

Slughorn

"What's that?" A voice asked. Katherine turned around and found Tom towering over her, trying to read the letter.

She stood up and handed him the letter. "It's a invitation to the Slugclub."

Tom groaned " that talent obsessed pig got to you too, huh? These parties are just gatherings for students who like to brag." He explained

"Oh, well then I will happily attend" Katherine smiled. " wait, aren't you in the Slugclub?" She asked.

He nodded " yes but I regret ever joining. I usually just skip these events."

"I happen to like parties so you will definitely see me there and I hope to see you too." She said as she grabbed the letter and his hand, leading them to class.

They arrived at divination early, just the way they liked it. Tom took a seat at one of the tables at the front of the class, Katherine took the seat across from him. The professor was setting up the crystal balls on each of the tables. He had brown hair and yellow eyes, he reminded Katherine of Luna because of the airy voice he used when he spoke.

"Are you any good at this class?" Katherine asked.

"It's an easy O. Just tell him what he wants to hear." Tom smirked.

Katherine rolled her eyes " I don't care about how to get a high mark. I asked if you are good at this class. Can you see into the future?"

" this is a stupid class for idiots. Divination isn't real, it doesn't work. I bet the professor can't even use divination. I will applaud anyone who can give a REAL prediction or can see anything in this glass ball of stupidity." He scowled.

Katherine smirked "I can!" She chimed. " I happen to be excellent at divination, make REAL predictions and see images in this glass ball of stupidity."

Tom muttered something under his breath.

"Just because you aren't good at this class, doesn't mean that you can fun of it or call it stupid. You just don't have what it takes." She said, challenging him.

He slammed his hands on the table " I do have what it takes!"

Katherine smiled " prove it. Look into the glass ball and tell me what you see."

Tom glanced down at the ball. He started staring at it, then he started glaring at it. It looked as if he thought that if he stared harder, something would happen. His face started to go red with frustration, he sighed and gave up.

Katherine patted him on the head "don't worry Tom, you'll get the hang of it."

He shook her hand off of his head "why don't you give it a try" he said.

Katherine started into the glass ball and saw something. It was a man with red eyes and pale skin like a snake. It was Voldemort. Katherine immediately looked away, not making eye contact with Tom or the glass ball.