Christmas!

It was Christmas eve. Katherine was sitting in the common room, wrapping presents. There was wrapping paper and ribbons all over the room.

Tom walked down the steps from the boys dormitories and into the common room. He froze when he saw the disastrous mess, Katherine in the middle of it all. He sighed and walked up to his usual chair, clearing it of the ribbons and tape and sat down.

"Present wrapping?"

"No really?" Katherine said sarcastically, tying a ribbon on a present.

"How many people did you get presents for?" He asked as he examined on of them.

"Ophelia" Katherine said, pointing at a big present wrapped in sparkly blue wrapping paper. "Black" she pointed at a present wrapped in pink wrapping paper. Katherine pointed at two green and a red presents " Abraxas, Lestrange". Katherine pointed at the present Tom was holding "Dumbledore" and then pointed at a present on the ground "Slughorn."

Tom frowned "forgetting someone?"

Oh how could I forget you Tom?

Katherine smiled " oh yeah!" Katherine pointed at a present on the table. "And Viktor."

Tom grew angered.

"Relax Tom, how could I ever forget you?" Katherine smiled.

Tom seemed to relax a bit.

Katherine finished wrapping her last present.

" are you finished?" Tom asked.

Katherine sighed " not even close."

Katherine spent hours writing cards, sending them and sending the presents.

***

10:00pm. Katherine was exhausted from all the work she had done. She paced back and forth, trying to remember if she had forgot something.

Tom hadn't moved from his spot for most of the day. "What are you doing?" Tom asked, watching her.

Katherine stopped pacing and looked at Tom "I'm forgetting something, I just can't remember what."

Tom sighed "you've been working all day. Sit down and take a break."he said, standing up, taking Katherine's hand and guiding her back to the armchair.

Katherine rested her head on Tom's shoulder. The idea of a little break did sound nice. She almost gave in until what she forgot came running back into her head.

"I remember!" Katherine said, snapping her head back up. "I have to put the milk and cookies out."

Tom laughed "don't tell me that you believe in Santa Claus."

Katherine gasped "you don't?"

Tom stopped laughing and stared at her "Katherine, he isn't real."

Katherine turned her head away from Tom "you can't prove it."

"He's not real. Why would you even think that? You're too smart to believe in him." Tom said.

Katherine looked back at Tom "people don't believe in magic but it's real. Maybe Santa is just a really generous wizard."

Tom couldn't believe what he was hearing. Katherine, a slytherin, the girl who is about as smart as him in class, the girl that he loves, that some people fear, believes in Santa?

Tom didn't know how to react to this. He didn't know what to say so he just said "... Okay."

Katherine got up and left the common room, she came back with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk. She placed them on the table.