Heartbreak

Katherine woke up in the infirmary for the third time this year. Her head pounded and tears threatened to pour out of her eyes as she remembered the painful memories.

"You're awake" Tom smiled, giving her a small hug.

Katherine was angry, extremely angry. She pushed Tom off of her, "NURSE! SOMEBODY!!" She yelled.

A woman came running in with a worried look on her face.

"Get him out of here" Katherine said in a harsh tone.

Tom had a hurt expression on his face. "Please Katherine, I'm sorry."

"GET HIM OUT NOW!" She yelled again, the tears pouring out. The nurse took his arm and pulled him out the door.

Anger flooded Tom, he stormed to the common room where his death eaters sat. "How dare she kick me out! I stay there for hours, waiting for her to wake up!" He yelled.

"She had every right too" Ophelia said.

"What did you say?" Tom asked in a deadly tone.

"Ophelia-" Abraxas began but she cut him off.

"No Abraxas, I'm right." Ophelia said and took a step closer to Tom.
"She had every right to kick you out because you're the reason she's in there!"

Tom grabbed a fist full of Ophelia's hair and held his wand to her neck.
"Don't use that tone with me." He warned.

"I will use this tone! I'm glad Katherine saw how you really are and now, now she hates you! I'm going to tell her EVERYTHING!" Ophelia yelled.

Tom pushed Ophelia onto the ground and pointed his wand at her.

"Tom stop, please" Black said.

Ophelia laughed "He won't do it, not after what he did to Katherine. Katherine might forgive you for hurting her but if you hurt me, she'll never forgive you."

She was right, if he hurt Ophelia then the little chance of forgiveness would vanish. Tom lowered his wand and stormed out of the common room.

***

The next day, he went to go visit Katherine again. He made sure that the nurse had left and snuck into the infirmary, Katherine lye with her back turned to him. He quietly made his way over to her, she saw him and was about to scream again but he used the silencing charm.

"You will listen to me." He said and took a seat on the bed. Katherine kicked him but he ignored her. "I know about the file."

Katherine immediately stopped her violent kicking.

"Dumbledore have it to you, I don't know why but that doesn't matter. I want you to know that I do love you. I know that the books say that I am unable to love but their wrong. I told you one before and I'll tell you as many times as it takes, I don't know what love is but I do know that I feel it when I'm with you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, I never wanted to. Please forgive me Katherine, I love you." He finished.

Tom lifted the charm so Katherine could speak. She took a deep breath. "I don't care if you lost your temper and hurt me, I care about what you did to our friends. How could you Tom?" She paused, tears forming in her eyes. "The fact that you did it behind my back, that's unforgivable. You know that I could never hate you and a piece of me will always love you but this, this is too much." The tears were now pouring out of her eyes.

Tom felt something shatter inside of him "Don't do this."

"I'm sorry Tom but I don't think I can be with you right now."

"Get Out!" Yelled the nurse who had come back. She grabbed Tom's arm once more, he was in no condition to protest, and pulled him out of the room.

He slowly walked back to the common room, his death eaters still where he left them. Tom pulled out his wand and pointed it at Ophelia, "Crucio."

*Sigh* I know... :(