[5] Blackout

Later that day at around 6pm it started to rain pretty hard, everyone was in their rooms except for a few people who were in the "living room".

"Checks" the nurse said opening B and S's room door "the storm is getting harder so there might be a blackout"
"Wanky" Santana said under her breath.

The nurse left and a couple minutes later the power went out, a couple seconds later a flashlight went on from Brittany's side of the room and it was bright enough for Santana too see the outline of Brittany still reading.

"Is that all you do?" Santana asked

"What? Read?"

"Yes read and it's always the same book"

"I read other books sometimes" Brittany said

"Well what's this book about?" Santana asked getting up and going to sit near Brittany

"Just this girl and a guy who become friends"

"What's the title?" Santana asked taking the book from Brittany's hands and reading the cover

"My heart and other black holes. I read this one last year, and you missed out a few parts in your description of it" Santana said as she read the cover

"Because I don't want the nurses taking it away" Brittany said taking the book back from Santana.

"Well maybe if they did you could get out of here sooner because you're not reading something so sad all the time"

"It has a happy-ish ending"
"The guy tries to kill himself" Santana argues "but she saves him- look I'm not arguing with you about this" Brittany said laying down on her bed and pointing the flash light at the ceiling.

"Girls, we're all in the Rec-Room if you want to join. I don't expect to see you Brittany but maybe Santana you'll come join us" the nurse- Amelia said,
She was one of the younger nurses she was in her mid twenties. She had been assigned to Brittany when she first arrived in the hopes of getting Brit to open up a bit. The two girls had become semi-friends but Brittany was still cautious around her because after all she was one of her nurses.

"Can't." Santana started "Apparently slapping a kid with a Pancake gets you banned from the activities" she said with a small laugh. "You punched Kurt in the nose then slapped him with a pancake so yes it makes sense" Brittany shone the flashlight on Santana's face so Amelia could see where in the room she was.

"If that's all." Brittany mumbled as she swung the light around pointing it at Amelia "yes that's all" she said closing the door.

"How do they all just- listen to you?" Santana asked a little shocked by the way Brittany could have an attitude with everyone in charge and not even get told off.

"I don't start fights for one" Brittany said giving Santana a small nudge
"I don't talk much, and I don't participate or even acknowledge that most people in here exist. So when I do talk they're just glad I'm 'making an effort'" Brittany added air quotes on 'making an effort' because she really wasn't. Jut wanted them to be quiet.

"Well I wanted the waffle he should have listened and next time he will" Sanny shrugged "let's play a game" she offered swinging her legs into the bed and sitting crossed legged
"What game?" Brittany asked a little interested

"Would you rather?"