[26] Electricity

Narration:
You see Santana was used to being alone, she had one friend Quinn, and even then Quinn was more of a co-captain friend. A friend under circumstances, if it weren't for the Cheerios they're no way the two of them would be friends. Santana had never been in a serious, steady relationship. She had 'dated', now the word dated is being used very loosely. A girl for a week, she didn't really count what happened with Dani towards a relationship count, more of a summer fling.

It wasn't until Brittany did Santana become in a way co-dependent, if Brittany wasn't around she felt like a part of her was missing. Brittany seemed to level her out, keep her head focused on other things. When distracted Santana didn't get into as much trouble, now that Brittany was no longer around to distract her sangha found herself nearly downing in the amount of hot water she was in.

Santana Lopez let Brittany find out how quickly 'giving her space' turned into the silent treatment, and if this carried out any longer their relationship would turn back into how it was 4 weeks ago before Santana walked through the doors of the Lima Hospital.

It seemed that with the silence of the two girls, there were sides to be taken.
Kurt gravitated towards Santana and Tina to Brittany.

Now don't think the two girls had lost feeling for each other, this was killing both of them, but neither wanted to be the first to crack, the first to show weakness.

Being strong, or at least having a strong front was as much a part of them as Brittany's blonde hair was apart of her and Santana's brown hair was apart of her.

"We just need to get on of them to break, Brittany is going crazy without Santana" Tina whispered to Kurt who was sitting next to her in the art room "I've seen Santana cry twice in the past three days, they both need to swallow their prides and go back to speaking. From what I've heard from Santana is that she was trying to be positive with Brittany about a not so good situation, then Brittany poured her heart out talking about everything that's wrong with her or something. Santana tried to speak but Brittany told her to stop then left the room"

"It hasn't even been three days though it was until the end of Sunday, all of Monday and  now how ever many hours it's been of today. And I can add that the amount of outbursts Santana has managed to have in that short amount of time is impressive in its own Santana type of way. What you said matched up with what I've heard too, Brittany isn't speaking because she's scared of hurting Santana, and also that she thinks she doesn't deserve Santana because she's- as she put it 'damaged good' I had to stifle a laugh when she said that. We're all damaged goods, that's why the fuck were in here."

Emmanuel took notice of the conversation going on between them a decided to call attention to it "Ms.Cohen-Chang, Mr.Hummel, I don't recall assigning having a conversation, instead I believe I told you all to write a poem about how you're feeling at the moment." "Sorry" they two of them mumbled nearly in unison before focusing back onto their poems.

"It's a bit like being angry,
It's a bit like being scared,
Confused and all mixed up and mad as hell.
It's like when you've been crying and you're empty,
and you're full, I don't know what it is, It's hard to tell"

Santana began to sing, She was sitting at the piano playing it slowly as she sang, still getting used to playing and singing at the same time.

"Its like that there's some music
Playing in your ear
But the music
Is impossible
Impossible to hear"

"Then suddenly I'm flying
Flying like a bird
Like electricity
Electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I'm free, I'm free"

She pushed every thought from her mind, it was just her and the song.
The lyrics flowing through her, like her blood was flowing through her veins.

"Electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I'm free, I'm free
Oh oh whoa"

She played the last chord and let it nearly completely ring out before singing the last line

"I'm free"

She nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a slow clap start from behind her