[7] Goodnight/Goodmorning

"Brit you okay?" Santana called into the darkness, it was around 2am and it was still raining. The thunder was getting louder but the only thing Santana could focus on was the faint sound of crying coming from the other side of her room.

"Huh?" Brittany asked with a small sniffle.
"Are you okay?" Santana asked again
"Fine" the thunder crashed against and Brittany flinched a small gasp escaping from her mouth.
"Are you scared of the thunder?"
"No" Brittany answered harshly

The room was silent for a few moments, "Yes" Brittany squeaked quietly.

Santana got out of her bed and made her way to Brittany's
"Move over" she said and Brittany silently did.

Brittany was laying in her side curled into a ball crying quietly,
Santana slid into the bed beside her and pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back gently.

"You're okay, it'll be okay" Santana said calmly as she rubbed Brittany's back.
After a couple minutes without thunder Brittany stop crying, she straighten herself out a bit and wrapped her arm around Santana.

"This is lame" she said into Santana's chest where her head was,
"What is?"
"How the thunder upsets me"
"Do you know why it does?" Santana asked calmly trying her best not to upset the blonde that was in her arms.

"Yes.." Brittany answered quietly
"Is it rational?" Santana as much as she wanted to, didn't ask why it upset Brittany not wanting to make it worse
"I guess"
"Then it's not lame, if something bothers you then it isn't lame. Your feelings are valid no mater how silly they seem to you"
"Thanks Sanny"

Santana pulled Brittany closer and brought the blanket up over her shoulders, she stayed there holding Brittany until she felt her breathing even out and was sure that she was asleep.

"Goodnight Brit"

Xx

Brittany woke up first, she realized that Santana was still in her bed.
Her arm was draped over Brittany's stomach and her leg was over top of Brittany's.

Brittany turned her head to look at the sleeping girl, her hair was all over the place and her mouth was open.
She was snoring lightly which made Brittany giggle a little bit.

Santana's eyes fluttered open and she saw Brittany looking at her,
She flinched a bit but once she realized it was brit she moved back to where she was.

"Good morning sleepy head" Brittany said with a smile "you sleep with your mouth open you know? And snore."
Santana rolled her eyes
"It's cute" Brittany said sitting up and stretching.

"Sleep well?"
"Best since I've been here"
"And that's been how long?" Santana asked. "Clever but I'm still not telling you" Brittany tapped her finger to Santana's nose as she said the last word.

"You're incredibly annoying" Santana groaned as she rolled out of bed

Brittany was humming "Part of your world" as she got dressed and ready for breakfast, she sat down at the table still humming but stopped when she noticed Tina and Kurt staring at her.

Santana shuffled into the dinning hall a few moments later and sat down opposite Brittany.

"What?" Brittany asked Tina
"Bright Brittany is out"  she said
"Is not"
"She So is. You sat down humming the little mermaid" Kurt said as he poured himself a cup of juice

"What's bright Brittany?" Santana asked reaching for a pancake.