[27]

"I was just leaving" santana said standing up and walking away from the piano.
"What song was that?" Brittany asked still standing in the doorway
"Electricity, from Billy elliot. Now if you'd excuse me" sanatana tried to pass by brittany but she didn't move "San can we talk?" "we're talking now, aren't we?" "please don't be like this santana, just please sit down.

Santana sighed but turned around, walking back to and sitting down at the piano. Brittany followed and sat next to her. "Tu es belle, mais tu es vide. Personne ne pourrait mourir pour toi." "i don't speak french, at least i think its french" santana said looking at brittany but looking away as soon as the blonde turned her head to make eye contact

"Its from the little prince, in english its 'You're beautiful, but you're empty. No one could die for you.' Brittany put the book onto the piano, where the sheet music usually goes.
"Read it then come find me" brittany said standing up

"But i don't speak french!" santana called out after her but it was too late brittany had left the room, she picked up the book and opened it glad to see it was in english. She opened the front cover of the book and started to read the authors note:

'I ask the indulgence of the children who may read this book for dedicating it to a grown-up. I have a serious reason: he is the best friend I have in the world. I have another reason: this grown-up understands everything, even books about children. I have a third reason: he lives in France where he is hungry and cold. He needs cheering up. If all these reasons are not enough, I will dedicate the book to the child from whom this grown-up grew. All grown-ups were once children--although few of them remember it. And so I correct my dedication: To Leon Werth when he was a little boy'

Santana flipped through the book and saw that some of the pages had sentences that were highlighted. Brittany was one of the few readers who like to mark up her book, make it her own.
She didn't see the point in trying her best to keep it clean and neat, her spines were cracked and pages wrote on. She liked it when a book looked read, when a book looked loved.
'To leave as it was before you opened it, you might as well not open it in the first place' that was brittany's answer whenever she was asked about her books.

"I gave her the book, told her to read it then come talk to me" brittany said sitting down on the floor next to tina in the rec room "deal me in, yeah?" Brittany asked Valierie raised her eyebrows, surprised that brittany wanted to play with them. "What is it with you and books anyway?"
Val asked "They seem to put my thoughts and feelings  into words when i can't"
"But not every book can do that," "the right ones can, and lucky for me  I've found them"

Santana skipped lunch she was too busy reading to get up and move, usually she didn't like reading esspecially if someone else picked out the book for her. This book however was something else, while it seemed like a children's book in fact it was a children's book, the story itself seemed ageless, to a child it might depict a small boy trying to get back to his planet to get to his rose, as an adult while reading it might think about their childhood and how quickly they wanted to grow up, how they wished they could think like a child again when everything seemed simpler, everything was either wrong or right.

Santana couldn't describe how reading the book made her feel but some of the highlighted quotes from the book felt as if Brittany had wrote them about herself, and about them as friends. It was weird the way the connected to them so well.

The three quotes, or well passages that Santana liked the most are as follows:

"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me—like that—in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day..."

"To forget a friend is sad. Not every one has had a friend. And if I forget him, I may become like the grown−ups who are no
longer interested in anything but figures.."

And lastly her favourite was the rest of the one Brittany had said to her earlier

"You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered. Since she's the one I put under glass, since she's the one I sheltered behind the screen. Since she's the one for whom I killed the caterpillars (except the two or three butterflies). Since she's the one I listened to when she complained, or when she boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing at all. Since she's my rose."

Sorry this was rubbish I'll make sure the next one is better this was more of a filler Yano, AnEway I hope y'all are enjoying the story so far.
-rose

Get it cause rose but the little prince has his rose, I'll go now.
:)