[13] Stay...

Brittany decided to take a nap after Santana had left to go out and give her some space.

Santana went for a walk down to the rec room, nearly everyone was in there
Watching tv or talking. There was still like thirty minutes before circle for them to do 'whatever' they wanted.

Nothing in there interested her, nor did any of the people because they weren't Brittany. Brittany was the first person who made Santana feel okay, and that she could actually trust and be-
We'll be Santana around.

"We have a non-breathing unconscious female. Age seventeen or eighteen " The EMT called out as they rushed in with a girl on a stretcher.

The on call trauma doctors ran over, as they wheeled the girl behind a curtain and one of the doctors took over the chest compressions from the EMT.

"Honey? Honey wake up. You're in the ICU" Pierce called out as he held his daughters cold hand.
"Our baby's gone" Whitney cried into his shoulder.

"Hey hey hey, you okay?" Santana asked jumping out of bed and running over to Brittany.

The scream that had escaped her mouth a few seconds prior woke Santana.

"They didn't know I could- they didn't" she cried softly and Santana pulled her into a hug. She let the blonde cry onto her shoulder as she gently rubbed her back. Not caring that her shirt was soaking wet, just caring that Brittany would be okay.

"You're okay, I've got you" she whispered quietly trying to calm down Brittany. "They gave up on me, I could hear them" Brittany sobbed quietly.

Santana pulled away and wiped Brittany's tears away with her sleeve,
"Screw them you've got me"

"You'll leave me too. Everyone leaves"
"Brittany I'm not leaving you"
"You will, In a week you'll be gone and I'll need to pick up the piece again"
"That's a week away, don't think that far ahead" Santana pulled away from the hug and stood up.

"I'm going to circle, I'll leave you here but I'll be back" Santana said taking a step back, Brittany grabbed her hand.
"Stay."

"I have to go, I'll get in trouble"
"Then get in trouble, just.. please don't go" Brittany said moving over in the bed.

Santana looked at the door then at Brittany before getting in, Brittany wrapped an arm around her and Santana moved back a bit so their bodies were a little closer.

"Are you okay?" Brittany asked as she moved over
"I am now, are you?"
"I've been better, but I've also been worse" Brittany sighed
"Can I tell you something?" Santana asked turning around to face Brittany.
"Yes what's up?"
"I really like you Brittany, you're like my first real friend"
"And I really like you Santana, you're my favourite out of everyone here"

They lay there for a while not talking but one thought passed through both of their minds.