Chapter 2

His eyes slowly fluttered open. His vision was swimming and blurry at first then it slowly started clearing.

The first thing he saw (when his vision cleared enough for him to be able to make out things) was of two people looking down at him.

One was a Sandy haired man and another was a dark haired woman.
And they had one thing in common. Tired and the most sad eyes he had ever seen.

-----------------------------------------------------

Liu. Liu Wenhe was the name of the body.
Thankfully it looked and sounded the same as Xei Ming had in his previous life.
It'd been a day since Xei Ming had woken up and the first few hours had been an overload of information about the life of another person.

The person who's body he was now residing in.

That day when he'd been hit by the truck while trying to save the girl, he thought he was dead for sure.

But some how he'd survived and  woken up in another young man's body from another world and he'd been bombarded with memories and knowledge of the body.

Apparently he was in a whole different world called Xue Long. There were four continents, Linhua, Jin empire, Qui empire and lastly the Xiong empire.

The Jin empire was acknowledged as the strongest empire ruled by the most ruthless emperor.

It was just his luck that he was now the resident of this empire and on top of that his family was hated by the empror because, his father had rejected his sister and married another woman who was a farmer's daughter, causing the emperor's sister to commit sucide.

Han Ren who had been a renouned minister had been demoted to a farmer and cut off from the rest of the family. He and his wife Meilin had been branded on their backs with the word 'dog' and been cast to the farthest and harshest side of the empire.

Their daughter Rui Ling had also been branded the same way on her 20th birthday and been taken in as a slave.

The original Liu Wenhe was their youngest son. They had never let him know about his future as a slave to the emperor who hated him.

They had loved him and pampered him to their hearts content because they knew his time with them was short.

Due to this, when they had broken out the news to him a week from his birthday he'd attempted to commit suicide because he was unable to cope.
Xei Ming felt for the family and he already didn't like the emporer. Punishing children for their parents mistake.
( though he didn't think that it was a crime to marry the one you loved. The unnessary death of the emperor's sister was sad though)

Bah! Who was he kidding? The whole situation was ridiculous.
Being reborn into another body into a world he'd never even heard of? Unbelievable.
But believe he should because it was his life now.

He was Liu Wenhe, son of the family the emperor despised the most.

He was going to be branded in 3 days and taken in as a slave. He had the feeling he would be treated like a 'dog' just like his sister would have endured being treated all along.

He knew couldn't escape this terrible fate but now he had a family who loved him and for whatever reason he felt deep attachment to them.

In his previous life he had lost his parents but in this life he still had them and even had a sibling to boot. 

It may be true that this life had nothing good to offer except for a living family but damn if he didn't cherish this second chance at life.