Chapter 34

Liu Wenhe was currently having a huge headache, his whole person exuding a gloomy aura that screamed "stay the f*** away". He was being followed. And these so called spies weren't even pretending to be otherwise.

They kept a safe distance away from him and whenever he tried to confront them, they would scatter like flies. According to Shou'er it was obvious that, going by the dragon crest on their chests, they were sent by the emperor. Who else would dare follow the emperor's new consort? (at that statement Liu Wenhe wondered if it would be so bad to flay the emperor's sons ass).

This continued for a few days and he still wasn't able to confront the spies or Jian Li Rong who all of a sudden seemed so busy it was hard to catch even a glimpse of him. Every time he tried, he was presented with the retreating backside of the bastard. It has been so hard to get rid of him just a few days ago and now that he really needed to talk to him, he was never free. This made him so mad he almost took it out on his "spies".

He eventually settled on silently stewing and doing nothing about it because he couldn't, other than sending them occasional scathing glares. Playing around with Shou'er and Meng Xin helped distract him a bit. Visiting Ling gi and Meng Xiyi as Ling gi continued to recover on the bed was another short pleasure though he didn't want to disturb them for long and only stayed and chatted with them for a bit. Though the fact that he was being followed despite them trying to be as less intrusive as possible was never far from his mind.

"Jian Li Rong you s** ** * *****, I swear to god. The next time I see you I'll-"

"You'll what?"

His head snapped back as his heart started pounding in his chest. It was marshal Zhao Yang with his arms crossed and leaning against with pillar with a strange look in his eyes. Oh shit.

"To think you can even talk about the emperor behind his back. Do you do that often?"

Liu Wenhe forced back a nervous laugh and tried to smile as calmly as possible.

"I don't know what marshal is talking about. I wonder what brings you here?"

Zhao Yang shrugged looking uncomfortable. "This is a free place, anyone can walk by here"

Liu Wenhe cocked his head and smiled waiting patiently pretending with he all he was worth. Zhao Yang looked away and utter a few, almost inaudible words.

Liu Wenhe raised his eyebrows in surprise "What was that?"

He scrunched his eyebrows and grumbled. "I said I'm sorry..." He rubbed his neck in embarrassment "...for yesterday. I thought you were being overbearing and didn't know that they were in the wrong first" All the time he was speaking he didn't look at him but he looked genuinely guilty.

Liu Wenhe laughed. He couldn't have imagined the marshal was a bit of a tsundere. "Its okay marshal Zhao Yang I understand"

Zhao Yang nodded with a small smile albeit a little uncomfortable one. "Oh and the emperor is calling for you"

That instantly took away the amused mood. "Oh did he?"

He nodded. "Yes. He is waiting for you in his study so consort should head there as soon as possible"

Liu Wenhe sighed. "Okay, I'll be going then. Please take care marshal"

"Consort can just call me Zhao Yang...I look forward to seeing you in the future as a friend"

Liu Wenhe smiled at his straight forwardness and subconsciously shook his hand only to realize he was no longer in a modern era.

He quickly let go but the damage was done so he just chose to ignore his dumbfounded face and smiled brightly "It would be my pleasure. Zhao Yang can call me Liu Wenhe in the future too"

Then he bowed slightly and hurried away, completely forgetting about his spies who were staring at him like hawks.