Chapter 14

"Did you find out?"
The man in golden dragon robe asked.

On the floor another man dressed in black kneeled. Although his face was hidden his trembling couldn't hide his fear.

"Yes your highness. The one who played the flute was the new concubine Liu Wenhe"

At that Jian Li Rong raised an eyebrow. He could still remember the melody...although the sound was faint it had been like celestial music, unmistakably pure and proud.

There was not only skill but also insight and something profound in the music...not just blowing with the mouth and moving the fingers to form appropriate tunes. This kind of talent and skill...he doubted could come from a peasant family. Where did he learn to create such music?

He doubted it was Han Ren and his wife as neither were known to have any musical talent.
He frowned.

"Are you sure it was Liu Wehe?"

The man dressed in black hurriedly confirmed.
"Yes your highness this servant personally saw with his own eyes"
As if he could forget what he had seen and heard at that time.

What ugly?
He had never seen a more beautiful person. You could feel it to your bones when you saw those clear limpid eyes without any impurities, the extent of spirit in that person. It was the kind of beauty that shone like the moon.

What sly fox? What scheming slut that could trick you into killing your own mother?
A man who could fall for the trap laid by a small child...how could he be such a vile person?

The man sighed. Alas he seemed to be just an innocent victim.
He repeatedly sighed inside.

"Your highness...something else happened at the moon pavilion"

Jian Li Rong raised an eyebrow, his pale blue eyes looking down intently.
"Go on with it" he waved his hand.

"The crown prince Shou visited the concubine. He tricked the concubine and called him stupid, so he punished the crown prince" He was not frightened about making the emperor angry, his highness would never get angry over him 'slandering' the crown prince.

They all knew it was not slandering but plain white truth.

Jian Li Rong sat up straight his violet eyes darkening.

"What did he do?" He knew that his son was meschevious to the point of making others want to vomit blood but he was the crown prince. Someone who was a lowly consort and only in name at that...how dare he?

His mood was increasingly growing gloomy. Did he beat him? Humiliate him?

"He pinched his cheek your highness"

Jian Li Rong froze. He-pinched-his-cheek?

The man recounted the story precisely and without leaving anything behind.

Jian Li Rong's face slowly returned to it's emotionless mask but inside he couldn't help but be surprised. The little tyrant apologized and didn't even tell anything to him.

What was even more surprising was that that little brat apologized. Even if he was the emperor and was busy with court he was well aware how tyrannical the brat was. Even he the emperor himself couldn't restrain him but a simple pinch from Liu Wenhe had completely suppressed him.
He could barely believe it.

He stroked his chin.

The man in black shivered as he saw the forever stone faced emperor's lips curl up into a grin!