Chapter 19

Shou'er had lost his mother in the most painful way and he was grieving in his own way. He was actually a sweet, fragile hearted boy who was having a rough time right now.

He was.... the incarnation of the devil.

Liu Wenhe could no longer take it. Smiling awfully sweetly he reached forward and squeezed the little devil's cheek until they turned tomato red.

Child Abuse? Absolutely not. He was smiling wasn't he?

He was sympathetic but you couldn't blame him for loosing his control.
The brat was just too...bratty.

He hardly listened to the teacher and instead of studying made paper boats right in front of him while he talked. The teacher turned out to be minister Hu, who looked helpless and continued even though it was very obvious that Shou'er wasn't even trying to look as if he was listening.

Minister Hu was more of an advisor to the emperor and had been aditionally entrusted to teach the crown prince but... till now he wasn't even sure if he had succeeded in parting even a single knowledge to him. This made him feel very depressed and helpless.

Well at least the crown prince did attend his class which was very likely thanks to the consort or else he wouldn't even have bothered to and would have gone off to harass anyone who dared to cross his path as usual.

He should be satisfied but with the consort watching, it brought him great shame at his failure even though he expected as much and was prepared.

What he didn't expect was the consort to pinch the little prince's cheeks again and again until he resembled a cooked prawn. An amused chuckle slipped out but he quickly quited down at the little prince's murderous look which only resulted the consort to pinch his cheeks some more.

At last the crown prince snapped and stood up knocking back his chair on the floor. Liu Wenhe merely raised an eyebrow.

"Don't treat me like a child!" he roared with cheeks burning bright red. But to Liu Wenhe's ears it only sounded like a squeak which caused him to smile amusedly.

"How else should I treat a child. If I cannot treat a child likewise, are you telling me I should treat an adult like one? "

Looking at Liu Wenhe's amused smile Shou'er seemed to turn even redder if that was even possible.

"Although I may look like a child, inside I have long grown up. You have no idea what I've been through..." he said his tone too dark, his eyes too jaded for such a young boy.

Liu Wenhe waved his hand carelessly, unsympathetic. "Oh I have an idea" His face indifferent he continued.
"I'll take you to tour the town tomorrow be ready, little devil" 

Shou'er frowned at the nick name and the sudden change of topic.
Then he smiled mockingly.

"Trying to change the subject once you could see your immanent defeat? 'I' will allow it but" He said his dark look lost replaced by something lighter but not better.... "unfortunately imperial father will never allow such a dangerous thing."

Smiling serenely Liu Wenhe stood up and patted Shou'er's head when he really wanted to pinch his cheek, for being so cute of course.

"Oh he will, you don't need to worry your little head about that"

He stopped at the doorway and turned back with that serene smile still on his face.

"And then I'll show you what real pain looks like" Then he was gone leaving behind his ominous words.

The two remaining people felt a chill run down their backs.

-------------------