Chapter 17

Liu Wenhe had an increasingly omnius feeling as he stared at the amused smirk of Jian Li Rong.

He just knew the a** was planning something, most probably something he definitely wouldn't care for.

Did the little fox not complain to him?
If he did then... his still tender back throbbed at thought.

"Though it is not official and may not likely ever be, you are mine none the less. You have recovered enough ans should prepare to do your duties"

Liu Wenhe kept quite increasingly growing confused.

"You are now responsible for over seeing the crown prince's education and keeping him reigned in."

"I am a fair man. If you do a good job I'll reward you handsomely and if you don't well let's just say you wouldn't want to disappoint me" Joan Li Rong said with a shrug.

Guess he was worrying for nothing. Not that he was very enthusiastic about raising that brat. It seemed too much of a trouble but he couldn't just tell the ruler of an entire empire where to shove his handsome rewards now could he?

Liu Wenhe clenched his fists under his sleeves. He did not like the feeling of powerlessness.

"...will grant one wish"

He hadn't been paying much attention too busy trying to control his rising anger.

His bowed head snapped up to stare right into Jian Li Ring's eyes. He quickly looked down remembering himself.

"Tell me. I'll grant you a single wish as dowry and no more. Anything you want."

After a moment of hesitation he answered slowly. "Let my sister go home"

Although he was trying to hide it Jian Li Rong could clearly see the clear and unreserved anticipation in his beautiful eyes. He almost wanted to break it but he couldn't bring himself to and he did say he would grant any wish. He was surprised he did not ask for more.

Jian Li Rong raised a hand to run a hand through Liu Whenhe's silky black hair like he had wanted to all this time.

He was a fascinating mystery.  

Not many would still remember their sister or parents in the dire situation he was. And his ordeal during the branding did not go without his notice. The kind of strenght he had shown was not common.

His mouth moved on its own.
"Alright she will be released tomorrow. I'll send a few guards to escort her on her journey"

This seemed to surprise the man so much his eyes grew wide and slowly a slight warmth  slid into his eyes.

"Thank you, your majesty"

He rubbed his chest again. A strange warmth grew within.