Chapter 21

That night Jian Li Rong heard a flute playing again. There was no doubt who was playing it.

But unlike the first time he had herd him play, the tune was not pure and calming in the least. It was the opposite.

If the first one was day then this was the night. The first one had reminded him of the purest of snow and of cool mountain water. This one reminded him of war drums and bloody battle fields. Passionate enough to shake the soul to its core and let fire and lava race through the veins.

Jian Li Rong smiled.

Ah, his little consort was angry.

He waved a hand and the man in black appeared his head bowed.

Zhang Xian was the leader of his shadow guard. The coldest and most lethal of his kind and absolutely loyal to him.

"Did you get what I said earlier?"

Understanding that the emperor was talking about the conversation with Liu Wenhe he nodded.

"Yes Your Highness"

"Take few of your best with you. Guard from the shadows. Do not be disvovered by anyone."

After he dismissed him he called for his personal eunuch, Huang Chen.

"Tomorrow send a trustworthy maid to dress the consort. This information is not to be divulgend to anyone else."

"Yes Your Highness" And then he left too leaving Jian Li Rong to listen to the flute which was still playing.

He took a sip of fragrant tea and closed his eyes before a small smile curved his lips.
He liked this melody much better.
-------------------

Liu Wenhe stood still his fists clenched inside his sleeves, eyes twitching as Meng ziyi fluttered around him, applying so many powders and rouge on him that it was driving him crazy.

It was just makeup and a little dress what was the use of so much fussing? He really admired women and how they had so much patience for this.

He was not angry at the maid. She was lovely and had a flowery personality and she was just doing her job. No. All his ire was directed at the true culprit of his misery. Jian Li Rong.

One day...he'd make him suffer the same as him.

He cursed inside but outwardly he remained still, obediantely turning or tilting his head this way and that as Meng Ziyi asked.

Finally after three full hours she finally finished and stood back admiring her work. Obviously extremely pleased by the results going by the smug smile on her pretty heart shaped face.

She clasped he hands and fluttered her lashes and wiped away imaginary tears of joy.
"Oh master you look...beautiful! Even the gods would fall from heavens for you. Would you like to see?"

Liu Wenhe wanted to roll his eyes at her over reaction but he simply smiled and shook his head.

"That's okay. I trust your work" He had no interest in looking at himself which didn't look like himself. It would feel too creapy...not to mention which man would want to see a man dressed as a woman. Such a horrible sight. He did not want to see.

Although dissapointed that Liu Wenhe didn't want to see what he looked like, Meng Ziyi was still flattered by his latter words and did not insist.

"Finished yet?"
The sudden words caused the two to turn.

It was non othet than Jian Li Rong.

The target of someones ire rapidly double blinked.

He had pale white skin that looked as if dew was ready to be squeezed out.
His lips were lush and red like blood, and sinful eyes lined with black kohl. His beautiful face was framed by shimmery river of black hair, adorned with a single piece of flower as red as his lips. Robe, the same shade of red flowed down his body, outlining that graceful body.

Unlike what Liu Wenhe thought although his face now had softer edges to make him look like a woman, he did look like himself.

But it was also true that he did not. If  he had looked pure and untouchable before now he looked sinful. Like a seductress, a fallen angel come to steal the souls of men.

Jian Li Rong stared only for a moment before he looked away and spotted the abandoned red silk veil on the dressing table.

He walked over and grabbed it,  his eyes frowning. Then he inadverdently covered Liu Wenhe's head with it.

Liu Wenhe stiffened at the sudden action.

"Too ugly, the veil will help cover it up so that people won"t be offended."

And then he was gone but before he left he grunted without turning back.

"Do not take it off or I'll punish you."

-------------