Chapter 13

Liu Wenhe stared at the drool drenched lollipop and then at the suddenly not so cute rabbit.

"I am not a goddess" He said with a black expression.
He was upset.
From which angle did he look like a goddess?...no matter how one looked at him, he was a God not a goddess!

Liu Wenhe was trying to salvage his masculine ego but the sad truth was Liu Wenhe had a delicate androgynous beauty, so for a child to mistake him for a woman was not wrong.

The boy stopped forward and shook his lollipop at him with a stubborn expression.

"I want goddess. Friends!"
His lips tiny lips were trembling and his eyes were red and watery but his expression was forcefully stubborn as he tried to order him.

This baffalled him to the point of speechlessness...but what was more baffaling was Minister Hu who was shaking his head rapidly at him, his face horror stricken.

Ling gi too had a disturbed and worried look in his eyes.
What was going on? He looked back down at the boy who was on the verge of tears.

It's no use! He cried on the inside. He couldn't bear to make a child cry so he quickly went to the boy ignoring the worried Ling gi and Minister Hu who's expressions were growing increasingly horror stricken.

He kneeled down and gently wiped away the tears and drool with his sleeves.

"Alright alright. We'll be friends from now on so be a good boy and don't cry anymore, okay?" he said softly as he could and smiled at him gently.

In the end he was just a boy, he could forgive him just this once for calling him a goddess.

The boy's watery eyes suddenly widened before he pulled away and stepped back.
The look of innocence and the saddness disappeared from his golden brown eyes replaced with the cool look of an adult. In those depths lurked a kind of sly mischief.

"Ah ah who knew the new consort was so beautiful and gentle?" He said aloud his tone exaggerated.

He stared at him from head to toes, as if accessing him. "Too naive and trusting too...wonder how you will survive in this forest?" he let out an amused chuckle.

Behind him Minister Hu with a resigned expression sighed. It seemed like it was no surprise for him nor was it any surprise for Ling gi who looked at Liu Wenhe with great sympathy.

As for the person in question he was frozen at the moment...unable to do anything but stare at the boy who no longer resembled a rabbit but a fox.

Seeing his dumb struck expression the boy waved his hand in front of his face.
"Hello? Are you stupid too? Can't speak? Don't worry this highness is generous and since we are friends I can reccomend the best doctors-"

"Highness huh?" Liu Wenhe said his frozen expression gone, replaced with an increasingly sinister smile.

For the first time in his little life the little fox felt an impending doom.

Suddenly there was a hand pinching his cheek. Though Liu Wenhe held back as he pinch his soft cheek  for a boy who hand't ever experienced the slightest discomfort, it was very painful.

Minister Hu and Ling gi were rooted to their places with shock and terror.

"Only a child and you have ego as high as the mountains" He tutted still pinching his cheek.

Ah his cheeks are so soft!

"Don't you know how to respect your elders? Now apologize" he said lazily.

With an disbelieving expression the boy glared at him.
"aplolgize yo sishter. le mey go" With his cheek still pinched he could only speak like this. "I'm the crow prinsh, I'll thell imperial fathe!"

Liu Wenhe only frowned for a moment before his expression cleared and he pinched harder causing the boy to reveal a painful expression.

"Such nasty words from a 'crow' prince...is unbefitting. Now I don't hear any apology"

The crown prince had finally met his match. He knew he would not let go unless he apologized.

Finally, with teary eyes he cried out.
"umph showy!"

With a gentle as breeze smile Liu Wenhe let go and rubbed his now red cheek and slowly stood up.

"Not so hard was it? Run along now this shabby place is unfit for your higness"

The boy stared at him. Shameless person.

"What was that?" Liu Wenhe asked with a cavity inducing sweet smile. Infinitely scarier than an glare.

Realising he had said it out loud he fled from the pavilion with Minister Hu scurrying behind him with a complicated expression.

Liu Wenhe watched them leave with a cool smile and a blackened mood.

Now he'd done it.