Chapter 33

Jian Li Ring surprisingly gave the rights to oversee the additional punishment of the guards to Liu Wenhe. He reasoned that Liu Wenhe's servant was a victim so he had the right to choose how to punish.

He did not know if there was anything such as additional punishment but Liu Wenhe gladly accepted the responsibility, not forgetting to hide the grin behind his sleeves as he took his leave.
That was how it lead to all seven guards along with their captain lined up in front of him.

They knew they were going to be punished but their chests remained puffed and heads were held high righteously. It was irritating.

Liu Wenhe smiled and waved the whip in his hands. 

"I was busy last time and did not get to see but how are your backs?"

Silence answered him but he could see their faces slightly twist.

He laughed and tossed the whip behind his back. Suprised looks flashed on their faces. 

"That's right. I'm not going to whip you" His eyes curved charmingly. "I'm going to beat that stuck up righteousness out of you"

A guffaw left out a guard with a spiky hair.

He turned to him. "Did I say something funny, Spiky?"

Spiky grunted. "My name is Wang Lei not spiky"

He shrugged "Thats what I said. Now come here Spiky, you will go first"
With snort he came but refused to make a move. 

Liu Wehne laughed "Rest assured. I'm not so petty as to go complaining to the emperor like a delicate maiden if u manage to hurt me"

Spiky gave him a ridiculing smile. "Don't forget I am only following your orders" Then he rushed straight at him.

Liu Wenhe simply dogged and stuck out his leg and the guard fell flat on ghat face. He thought he heard a surprised laugh from the others but it was so brief it could just be an illusion.

The fallen guard stood up sputtering "Tri-trikery"

"One who cannot dance blames the uneven ground"

"What?"

"Is it my fault you are slow and bullheaded"

"I'll give you another chance. Be careful this time"

Two minutes later the guard lay one the ground not a piece of skin left untreated.

He calmly turned and the rest of guards visibly flinched.

"Who's next?"

Despite Spiky's spectacular defeat, one after another stepped forward which resulted in more bodies being added on the ground.

He did not forget to insult them throughly but surprisingly some could find pointer about their weakness in his comments and adjusted accordingly. The rest followed to quickly pick up on it.

He smiled as he looked down at the bruised bodies on the ground. At least they could learn something.

He sighed. He was not that good either. This body did not have much stamina or strength and having to fight seven grown men was not wash on him.

"Before picking on the weak, please remember to put yourselves in their shoes. Otherwise there will always be me"

He did not bother to staybehind for their reply. He just wanted to rest. He turned a corner to see a powerful looking man with scowl on his face. 

He had fiery red hair and burning dark eyes. He was tall and his aura was like that of an intimidating tiger ready to pounce.

"Are you the new male consort?"

He nodded. "And who might you be?"
He did not bother being polite to his rude question. 

He carelessly leaned on a pillar showing that he felt no respect from him, his body screaming untamed and wild.
"I am Zhao yang, a humble marshal come to congratulate the consort on sucessfilly entering the palace"

He was grinning fiercely, more teeth showing than necessary.  It was not friendly.

"I see that you are training the elite palace guards?" Zhao yang continued. 

"Just teaching them a lesson"

Liu Wenhe didn't bother explaining.

Zhao yang's eyebrows twitched at his unfazed bluntness.  He leaned close and harshly whispered right in his ear. 

"I don't care if you are consort. If you are a spy and dare to hurt the emperor I'll make you wish you were dead."

With that he leaned back and gave him a teethy grin and swaggered off. 

Liu Wenhe stared after him.

What was it with these ancinet people??