Chapter 32

Liu Wenhe visited Ling gi who had already woken up. Relieved he was entering when he saw that Meng Ziyi was there too. Their hands were currently joined and their eyes were locked on each other.

He was surprised that he hadn't noticed their interest in each other before. Smiling,  he chose to silently leave. 

Outside he found Shou'er rushing toward him.

"What are you doing here?"

Shou'er was breathing hard, his brows furrowed in worry.
"I heard Ling gi was beaten up till he passed out. Those guards...I will-"

Liu Wenhe rumpled his hair and smiled. The little fox was surprisingly soft hearted...no matter how naughty he was, he was a child after all. "Don't bother with them. They have already been dealth with."

Shou'er reluctantly nodded and made to walk but Liu Wenhe stopped him. The kid looked at him with questioning eyes.

"You cannot go in. Ling gi is...resting so you can visit him some other time."

Shou'er's eyes lit up. "Oh, sister Meng Ziyi is in there too? Did they finally confess their feelings for each other? " The fimiliar 'little lord' smile appeared on his chubby little face. "Haiz, finally. I was wondering when the two love birds would be able to squeeze out the courage to confess. Really took them a long time.  I'm afraid if this hadn't happed, it would have taken even longer."

Liu Wenhe's eyes twitched and quitely clasped his hands behind his back. 

Shou'er smirked at him.
"You didn't know did you? How did you miss it after all those heated looks they sent each other every day?" He sighed. "I'm starting to feel sorry for my imperial father."

"Don't get cocky with me brat...of course I knew. What I'm surprised about is how you knew." Ahem. He almost felt ashamed of lying.

Shou'er raised his head arrogantly. "Of course I know. I'm a master in the arts of love, and not as foolishly innocent as- ow!"

Liu Wenhe finally couldn't hold it and extended his hands to give Shou'er's cheeks a good pinch. 

"Seems like you have too much time on your little hands. I'll tell minister Hu to increase your home work."

Shou'er glared at him as he rubbed his now red and a little swollen cheeks. He looked like a hamster.

Ling gi almost punched his cheeks again but he barely held on.

"But-"

"No buts. Go and play with Min Xin."

Speechless Shou'er stomped off.

Ai if only his behavior was as lovable as his appearance. At least he had started to take his studies seriously and the times he harrased the nobles and cuncubines decreased quite a bit.