Chapter 16

Surprisingly the emperor personally came but there were no menacing guards in sight...not that the emperor didn't look menacing enough all by himself.

Six feet four inches tall, he was a whole head taller than Liu Wenhe, towering over him like the asshole he was.  

Ling gi, the poor boy was standing in the corner with his legs visibly shaking,  rivers of sweat running down his face and some even getting into his eyes.

Liu Wenhe would have laughed if he didn't feel as terrified as the boy looked.  Instead he calmly greeted the emperor with a bow and cupped fists.

It took everything in him and his past life's experience to maintain a calm appearance and braced for what was definitely coming. 

Unexpectedly without a single word the asshole went straight past him and sat down on his bed.

"I have come to visit you-my wife-and this is how you greet your husband?" That hypnotic voice said in the most cheeky tone he'd ever heard. 

Liu Wenhe couldn't help his eyes snapping up his dark eyes wide.

Jian Li Ring had his legs crossed and his hands propping him up as he stared at him, his lips drawn into a smirk. He wanted to slap that smirk right out of his face.

His eyebrow eyebrow twitched at having been called wife and how the f**** was he supposed to greer him. Shower his with a bucket full of roses?!
What unsettled him even more was how he was as calm as a pond after what he'd done to his son. Maybe he just didn't know? He scoffed. Unlikely.

Liu Wenhe couldn't help but feel something bad was about to happen. 
Unconsciously a single sweat dripped down his back. 

On the other hand the emperor was grinning in victory, dark pleasure filling him. 

"You're dismissed" Jian Li Rong said still gazing at Liu Wenhe.

Ling gi didn't dare disobey and scurried out of the room but not before shooting Liu Wenhe a worried glance.

Liu Wenhe nodded with a reassuring smile. He turned back to see Jian Li Rong staring at him with strange eyes. 

"Wife...what are you doing all the way over there?" Jian Li Rong said, the warm sentence competely contradicting with his completely blank tone."Come sit next to me"

It was not a request.

Liu Wenhe went. With stiff robotic steps he made his way beside him and sat with only half his butt on the bed. 

His behaviour of an alof and arrogant but extremely timid cat was extermely amusing. It would be interesting enough to play with him. He wanted to tease him...break him and taint that  crisp purity that he seemed to exude. 

Seems like this dull life of mine is finally going to have some colour in it. 

He chuckled.