Chapter 29

Liu wenhe slowly looked up and chuckeled. It was funny how he had actually gotten a bit affected by her taunting words. 

Shaking his head he dressed. He didn't wait for the emperor to come back out but directly left.
When he finally got back he expected to find Ling gi there like aways but he was surprised to find that he was not.

He frowned. Ling gi, the stubborn kid was always in his room loyally waiting for him no matter what. The fact that he was missing left his heart in doubt. 

Not able to erase the unease  Liu Wenhe decided to go look for him but the problem was he couldn't find him and no one would even talk to him to help him find Ling gi.

One thing he did find out was that everybody still misunderstood him. How could he not? They were 'whispering' (loudly) behind his back and throwing countless accusations at him.

"Isn't that the new consort?  How shameless can he be? Seducing the emperor and letting his family rot while he himself enjoys a life of luxury?"

"He may be beautiful but his insides are rotten to the core."

"I heard he even had his sister kicked out of the palace so that he wouldn't have to see her face. Poor girl."

"He is a vengeful ghost come to corrupt the royal family. Oh lord I hope his schemes are thwarted and his highness the emperor remains safe. Just you wait the emperor will soon realise this and behead him."

He almost laughed out loud, turned around with an evil smile and said,

Yes lady I died once and can be considered a soul that stole another person's body.  If you're not careful I'll steal yours.

He wanted to say this and see the look of horror and disbelief on their faces so much that he almost turned around and did it. 

But in the end he just walked away ignoring them and continued. 

Liu Wenhe forgot the incident two minutes after. Finding Ling gi was more important dealing with gossiping black butterflies. Although they were annoying they weren't significant enough to leave any impression on him. What he didn't care about he wouldn't keep...in his thoughts or his memories.

He was loosing hope after searching half of the palace when he heard hooting and laughing noises. 

Curious he made his way to the farthest end of the hallway and outside. There were many people crowed outside and the moment he appeared the crowd quited down and then silently parted. 

It looked like something people would do out of fright or respect. The expressions on their faces revealed non of these two things but of mockery and anticipation. As if they were eager to show him something. Something he would not like.

His heartbeat speed up with anxiousness...an ominous feeling settling over his heart and pressing down with suffocating force. 

There, in the middle...was Ling gi on the ground. Wounds all over his body and blood pooling in a small puddle around him. He was not moving.