Chapter 20

"No" Jian Li Rong rejected for the third time. 

Liu Wenhe remained calm.  This was what to be expected. Who would let children head straight into danger?

But he had to convince him or Shou'er would never come out of his rebellious stage. Although he enjoyed pinching his cheeks at the devil's misbehaviors (at every opportunity)  his fingers were starting to get red and started stinging after some time. 

Liu Wenhe raised an eyebrow. 
"Doesn't your highness want me to reign him in?"

Jian Li Rong shot him a cold glare before shaking his head and flicking his sleeves.  "Find another way.  Do you plan to put him in danger and scare him into shape?  I'll never allow that."

Exasperated Liu Wenhe stood his ground. 
"He won't be in danger because we will be disguised. Although he has suffered greatly he must see is not the only one."

He had to realise that he was not the only one with a tragic past.

Jian Li Rong frowned as he gave it a thought. Stroking his chin as he stared at him.

That gaze cold just a moment ago to the point of seeming like a torrent of snow, was now calm...like the ocean, boundless and mysterious. No way to tell what lurked within. Strangely it was scarier than his earlier ice cold glare.

"I have a few conditions..." Jian Li Rong said after a moment.

Liu Wenhe nodded. Just being disguised would not satisfy him, it would be like if letting them walk out naked. As expected Jian Li Rong said. 

"A body guard will go with you.  Disguised ofcourse.  You will go as a normal family and will not involve yourselves in any risk of discovery."

Liu Wenhe smiled in satisfaction, his beautiful eyes gleaming causing Jian Li Rong to become dazed for a split second before resuming that blank stare. 

He bowed and cupped his fists. 
"Thats all I wanted to ask of your majesty. Asking permission to depart"

"Not granted"

Liu Wenhe straightened,  confused.  His dark eyes expectantly staring directly into Jian Li Rong's. 

"I haven't stated all my conditions.  I happen to have one last thing. If you cannot agree with this condition, no matter what you say I will not allow you to take my son out into the city"
His tone was so serious Liu Wenhe mentally braced himself.

He couldn't even begin to fanthom what Jian Li Rong could say and could only wait patiently.

A slight smile curled the corners of his lips.  "You will have to disguise as a woman"

It didn't register for a minute but when it did, he felt like a sledge hammer had slammed into his head. 
Did he hear wrongly?

His jaw couldn't help dropping in in incredulous shock. Jian Li Rong took one look at his completely flustered face and almost couldn't stop himself from smiling. Instead he stood and lesurly left the room.

A few minutes later he heard something crash inside the room he had just left. He laughed quitely. He did not know why he had made that atrocious 'request' but he had to admit, he was a little curious. What would that person look like as a woman?