Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Note:
I'll be referring to Xei Ming as Liu Wenhe from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

The next day Ling gi gently shook Liu Wenhe awake.
"Consort Liu Wenhe, it's time to wake up"

Liu Wenhe's eyes fluttered open and he groggily sat up only to wince.

This body was weak in the first place but after it had endured nearly drowning it had become very weak.

Add that to the long and painful journey to the palace, he felt like he was dying.

This body had nearly reached its breaking point and every part was complaining with pain.

His felt exhausted even after a long rest and just wanted to lie back down and close his eyes. 

He rubbed his groggy eyes "Can't I sleep for a while longer?"

Only silence answered his question. Confused he looked turned to the boy but Ling gi's eyes were down cast and there was a faint frown on his brows. 

The teenager's whole body radiated tension.
Liu Wenhe started to ask him what was wrong when he noticed two over-muscled guards standing omniously near the door. 
They were staring at him, their faces impassive and cold.

All of the drowsiness and exhaustion fled as he started panicking when he finally remembered.

Shit. Crap. Dammit.

Like this he was cursing like a sailor on the inside but outwardly he looked cool as a cucumber as he slowly and leasurly got to his feet as if he had all the time in the world.
In truth he was moving slowly because his body felt like hell and wanted to not make any sudden moves. Also he wanted to delay what was to come as much as possible. 

"Wait a moment" he said and without explaining further walked into the bathroom with Ling gi quietly following and waiting outside to loyally guard the bathroom door.

After a moment he walked out looking like a lovely painting. Wearing a simple white robe with his silky jet black hair pulled back with a soft leather band he looked otherworldly. 

Untouchable...unattainable he could not be affected or tainted.

He didn't look like a person about to suffer through a painful and humiliating ordeal.

At that moment he looked unconsiously heroic.

Dignified and with a trace of mocking he said softly. "Lead the way then"

The guards who were previously staring with widened eyes quickly hardened their expressions and turned and started walking away. 

Liu Wenhe rolled his eyes and followed.
"You stay here"

"But-"

"I'll be back in a moment" he said with a tone brooking no argument.

Ling gi stood there helplessly as the delicate figure clad in white walked away. His feet steady and his back straight...he never even faltered once.

Ling gi felt frustrated and worried for Liu Wenhe. Unexpectedly he had developed a deep fondness for him in such a short time.

A person like him should not have to suffer humiliation and pain in the Imperial palace.  But cruel fate had placed him in such a situation that he couldn't break away even if he wanted to. 

Ling gi sighed. What a pity.