1

"Kradot Te"

I breath heavily.

"Te Chiang"

Sweat burning my eyes.

"Khao Khong"

I can feel the lactic acid burning in my thighs.

"Sok Klap"

I felt the crunch of a nose under my elbow.

My eyes stinging from sweat, I close them hard to adjust my eyesight. I hear a loud thud on the sparing matt and quickly focus my eyes on the 200lb pure muscle Shrek on the ground.

"Saenchai!" I yelled. I ran up to my trainer who was on the ground covering his face, clearly in pain.

I was so in the zone with practicing Muay Thai, I didn't even realize I was going for his face.

"Mạn khụ̄x xarị" he curses at me in Thai.
(What the hell!)

"I'm so sorry! I didn't even comprehend what I was doing before I destroyed your face." I pleaded.

"Brynn. You have to be careful. I don't think you realize the power you have." He scolded me.

He was right. I've been doing martial arts since I can remember. My father forced me to go to Muay Thai lessons since I was 5. Then I broadened my horizons to Sanshou and Krav Maga. There is a certain type of power and control you feel when you dominate an opponent. My mom always said 'you're too pretty to be doing those violent sports', but I say that I can do whatever the hell I want.

I walk over to my bag and grabbed my towel to wipe the sweat dripping off my face. I take a drink of my water bottle and decided that I was finished for tonight. 3 hours of training was enough for today.

"Bye Saenchai!! I hope you finally get to fix that crooked nose of yours!" I yelled to an empty gym since it was almost 8 O'clock at night.

I walk out the gym doors and instantly feel the sting of the cold winds on a New York night.

I only live like three blocks from my apartment so I usually walk, but tonight was a little bit later than usual. I put my sweatshirt hood over my head to protect myself from the chilly wind. Onward soldier!

***