34

A/N: Idk how I feel about this chapter but I appreciate a lot of you reading and commenting! I really just wanted to update because you people are so wonderful! Also I cannot believe this story is almost at 500k reads. That's mind blowing to me! I remember when I had 500 reads so I can't thank you enough for giving this a chance!

Enjoy! <3
——————————————

Mauro's P.O.V.

I should kill him.

I should go over there and fucking slit his throat.

I should destroy everything he has ever loved in his life.

I should do all of these things and I would love to, but the little body that is in my arms right now needs me more than I need to satisfy my blood thirst.

"Brynn." I shake her body a little trying to keep her eyes open. "Brynn, wake up." It's no use. She is completely passed out from the date rape drug.

"Looks like you didn't keep her on a tight enough leash." A squeaky, annoying voice pierces my ears behind me.

I turn to see Mia giving me the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen anyone give in their life.

"Fuck you Mia. Your fucking boyfriend did this to her, so if I were you I'd talk to him about keeping people on leashes. Maybe he should keep you on a tight leash with a muzzle." I spit back at her. I have no patience for her head games.

"It was my idea." Her arms are crossed and her posture is composed of confidence.

"Your idea?! This was your idea?!" At this point I'm raging, steam should be coming out of my ears. "I should fucking skin you alive where you stand. I should pick every single perfectly filed finger nail out of your boney ass hand and replace them with your teeth. You do not understand the mercy I am showing you right now, but don't worry sweetheart, I'll come back for you." I throw Brynn over my shoulder and begin to head for the front exit.

I have to leave this party before the actual party begins for Brynn's safety.

"Where do you think you're going?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I don't need this dick head and his smart mouth right now, I'm already boiling hot about Brynn passing out.

"You're going to miss the big meeting, and I thought you were suppose to be one of the top three to lead the meeting for the first time since your father, you know 'passed away'." Vinni's condescending tone and air quotes over 'passed away' is almost enough to for me to breathe fire right now.

"I have to take care of something." I blankly say and begin to turn around once more to exit. The strength I am showing right now not to blow this whole house up is astronomical.

"You'd miss the biggest annual meeting in all of organized crime history for some drunk useless girl? I'm sure the guys would love to hear about the heartless Mauro Beneveti becoming a hero over night for some chick, for some mediocre pussy." His words are like poison in my ears as he emphasizes 'mediocre pussy'.

On one hand he's right though, I shouldn't be so wrapped up into Brynn, but on the other hand I know in my heart I have to help her.

I take a deep breath to try to subside the pounding head ache radiating off my brain.

"I'll be right back." With that statement I turned around and headed for the exit. The cooler night air fanned over my face as I look for my fathers red sports car. I went around the whole house and couldn't find it anywhere. I shook Brynn a little bit to see if she'd wake up so she could tell me where she parked the car.