16

A/N: It's currently 1:42 a.m. and I want McDonald's chicken nuggets. Also my boyfriend doesn't know how to share a damn bed.

————————————

Brynn's P.O.V.

"What the fuck?" I say under my breath as I look to see the only two people in this diner.

My heart stops. Of course. Of course it would be those two people. The last two people on this planet I would think to be in the same diner as with me and my boss who is in the mafia! Life is just funny like that isn't it?

James and Rebecca.

They're sitting in a booth sharing a milkshake and haven't taken their eyes off of each other since I walked into this fucking diner, makes me sick.

My heartbeat begins to quicken as I realize who is behind me and who is in front of me. My past and my present.

I never told Mauro that I know about Rebecca being put into James' life for us to break up. I didn't think I would ever have to tell him but now is the time I guess.

I didn't want to say anything to Mauro because I was afraid it wasn't going to go over well, plus he's my boss. He could order someone to kill me in an instant, which he would. I'm not really mad about it either because it was almost a blessing in disguise, James and I got to break up.

I'm more curious on to why he did it. Did he have a plan to make me join the mafia? Did he know who I was before I got captured? Why me?

These are the questions that have been keeping me up at night, but I'm too afraid to ask, and too afraid of the answers.

I see movement in the corner of my eye and watch Mauro sit in the booth directly behind them, almost like he's doing it on purpose.

Oh great.

I follow behind him hearing nothing but the squeak of my converse against the black and white tile floor and my heart pounding in my chest. Mauro's back was against James' back so they haven't seen each other or me for that matter.

I scan Mauro's face trying to see if I can see any type of emotion in this scenario. His strong jaw clinched, golden brown eyes looking in every direction but mine, flared nostrils, heavy breathing.

Nope no emotion there.

"So what are you getting?" Mauro looks up from the menu and at me.

"Um...uh..." I sit there biting the inside of my lip searching the menu acting like I'm interested in food, when in all reality my appetite flew out that door when I saw James and Rebecca. "Probably just a chocolate milkshake." I say landing on the milkshakes.

"Okay. She'll have one chocolate milkshake and I'll have an order of cheese fries." He said to the waitress standing next to our table.

I jump back in my seat startled that she was standing right there. When did she get there? I didn't even notice her.

"Sure thing, hun." She smiles at Mauro winking at him and swaying her hips a little excessively as she walked away. I just roll my eyes, little does she know he's dangerous.

"With no cherry please!" I yell at her from across the diner. I look back at Mauro.

"You don't like cherries?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"They make me throw up." I simply said playing with a napkin on the table. He nods his head at me.

We've been sitting here for like 10 minutes in complete deafening silence. My head feels like it's going to explode with all the questions and possible outcomes this diner visit is going to leave us.