10

My eyes are stinging and my heart is pounding.

All I can hear is my heartbeat ringing in my ears. This silence is deafening.

I've been sitting alone for about four hours now.

I found the room I stayed in when I was first captured, because a small part of me wanted to talk to Gollum, like he would understand my pain.

When I got to the door it was smashed open and I saw Gollum with a bullet in his forehead.

Well.

That friend didn't last long.

I've been sitting here staring at Gollum's lifeless body wondering what his last hours were like. Who was the last face he saw? What was he thinking when it happened? Does his family miss him? Does he have family?

I feel guilty cause I didn't even know his real name. I don't think he knew his real name.

My arms are resting on my knees with my back against the wall, I felt pain but I felt numb at the same time. Everything that has happened to me today is finally settling in. The emotions feel like a ton of bricks slapping me in my chest. What am I suppose to do with all these different emotions? I feel sad because I fear I may never see my family again. I'm angry because an evil person in this world has the power to literally control almost a whole army. I'm terrified because at any given moment someone could walk up to me and put a bullet through my head just like Gollum.

'grrrrrrrwwwllll' I look down wondering what unholy sound just came from the pits of my stomach. For the icing on the cake, I'm hungry, of course I'm hungry.

I slump my head in my arms just waiting for the sun come up at this point. I don't have a bedroom to sleep in or put my clothes, that Enzo was suppose to be bringing me.

I hear heavy footsteps approaching down the hall in a fast pace. My heartbeat picks back up for the unknown thats about to possibly walk through that doorway.

"Oh! There you are!" An out of breath Enzo meets my eyesight.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Come on. I found a new room for you stay in." He says motioning me to follow him. "I'm sorry about Mia, by the way, I swear I remember hearing they broke up, so I thought the room was vacant." He explains looking at me with sad eyes. He holds his hand out to help me up off the ground and I take it.

"It's whatever." I say bluntly. "Of course the only girl I meet here is an cumguzzling slut bag." I look down at Gollum and feel the grief rise in my chest.

"HAHA!" Enzo laughs from his chest. "That was the funniest insult I've ever heard!"

"Enzo?" I look up at him, sadness paints over my face.

"Yes?" He responds looking down at me furrowing his eyebrows.

"Can we have a proper burial for Gollum?" I choke on the knot in my throat.

I watch as Enzo's face goes from stone cold to warm and concerned. I guess he is used to this sort of thing, death, but I'm not. I could see the debate he is having with himself, it was written all over his face. I need closure for Gollum, for his family.

"I guess we could swing it." He says putting a large hand on my shoulder.

We grab a white sheet and wrap it around Gollum's body. We carry him to the backyard, under the moon and stars. I've never see the sky so bright and beautiful before. I guess it's because I've never left the city before.

I wonder what time it is.

------------------

I stand there with a shovel in hand looking at the 6 foot deep hole Enzo and I just digged for the last hour. The sun was starting to rise in the east. It must be morning now.