29

A/N:

Sooo I'm about to hit 20,000 reads on this book and I couldn't be more grateful!

All the comments and love make me so happy. Thank you to everyone who reads and enjoys it.

I hope you enjoy this chapter cause I really loved writing it! <3

———————————-

Brynn's P.O.V.

"BRYNN!"

"BRYNN!"

"BRYNN!"

Who, on this earth, would dare wake me from my sleep?

I open my eyes and see a very happy Gianna bouncing up and down on top of me in my bed. 

"BRYNNNNN!" She sings one last time before I throw her off of me and she lands next to me on my bed.

"What on earth could be so important for you to 'poke the sleeping bear'?" I said through gritted teeth. I think she wants to die today.

"He said yes!" She squealed loud and hugged her body against mine under the covers. Her hair falls over my face and it begins to tickle my nose. I fucking hate hair in my face, ESPECIALLY when it tickles my nose.

"Who said yes?" I ask confused and annoyed, trying to blow the ticklish hairs out of my face. "What time is it?"

"It's eight a.m. and Zito! I went to the gym this morning to ask Zito to the ball and he said yes! I think I'm going to explode I'm so happy!" She screamed in my ear but I couldn't be mad at her. Her crush just said yes to being her date to the ball. I think it's sweet, but what isn't sweet that it's fucking eight o'clock in the morning!

"I'm happy for you Gianna, I really am but could you come back in an hour and I'll be even more happy for you then?" I closed my eyes and turned my body away from her, while hugging my pillow, hoping she'll get the hint that I want to sleep longer.

"Ohhh no you don't." Her hands pull me back over to face her. "We have a dress fitting today. Mamma cleared her schedule just for us."

"Ughh! I don't want to get up." I grumble slamming my pillow over my face.

"Go shower or I'll get Mamma in here to get you up." She threatened.

"Go ahead. I'm not afraid of Mamma." My voice muffled against the pillow.

"Okay. It's your funeral." I feel her body leave the bed. "Mamma! Brynn won't get up!" She calls out of the room.

"What?!" I hear a high pitch scream and heavy foot steps coming down the hallway towards my room.

Oh shit.

I jump up from my bed and rush to the bathroom.

"Okay! Okay! I'm up!" I close the door quickly before Mamma could come into my room. Hew! That was a close one!

I lean my back against the bathroom door taking a deep breath, feeling myself wake up finally from the adrenaline rush induced by a small Italian woman, that is Mamma. That woman secretly scares me. She is always very sweet and kind, but if even Mauro doesn't disobey her I sure as hell won't.

———

So here I stand, showered and all, in my bra and underwear surrounded by mirrors with a little Italian woman taking my measurements. I couldn't of asked for a more rigorous test on my self confidence.

"Mia noura, you didn't shave your legs?!" Mamma calls me out when the measuring tape lines the outside of my left leg.

I look down at Mamma, her big honey eyes staring back up at me and I can't help but think that Mauro has the same eyes as her. His name rushing in my mind causes butterflies to erupt. His stare is always so penetrable to anyone. I felt like he could see my soul deep inside me without effort, like he knew everything that was going on in my head.