21

Brynn's P.O.V.

Ughhhhhh

It's fucking raining. Of course. The night I decide to walk home it starts to pour down rain.

I walk out of my work which is four blocks away from my apartment at around 7 O'clock. It's been such a busy day, all I want to do is go home, sit on my ass and watch Supernatural.

I love that show and Jensen Ackles just gets me going.

It's been around three weeks since I've been excommunicated from the mafia and I'm starting to feel better. Enzo, Luca and Zito haven't really kept in touch with me which hurts but I understand since their boss is a raging psychopath.

I can feel my jacket getting drenched against my back and the cold is starting to set in. I better get home before I catch a cold in this rain.

I finally arrive home and peel off my soaking clothes. I decided to take a warm shower to relieve the frostbite that has set into my fingers and toes. 

It feels so good to step into a warm shower after freezing outside. I can feel my toes and fingers tingle as the hot water starts to thaw them out. I finally gain feeling back and start to shampoo my hair with a teatree shampoo that I love.

After my shower I throw on my big Enzo shirt and my gray sweatpants that I have to roll up a million times. I feel a slight pain in my chest remembering the big muscly fatherly figure I left behind.

I throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and plop my body down on my leather couch to watch my favorite Tv show trying to shake the people I'm missing from my mind.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Dammit. I wish I could teleport myself to grab my popcorn and come back to the couch. I hadn't turned on Netflix yet so my tv was stuck in the cable News show that I barley watch.

I hate watching the News, it's so negative. I feel like they only show bad things to scare us. I mentally roll my eyes at the TV going on behind me as I grab my popcorn and transfer it to a bowl.

"Holy shit this popcorn bag is hot as balls." I mumble to myself.

"Notorious Mobster Mauro Beneveti," My body freezes at the sound of Mauro's name. "has been detained and is now being held in New York cities jail until further notice."

Wait. Mauro's been arrested?

"Detective and Sergaent James William Schmitt is now being congratulated for his work on the Beneveti case. A total of 20 men have been detained due to association with Mauro Beneveti and the Beneveti Mafia. Roger back to you." I heard the lady from the late night news television say and I swing my body around. Enzo? Luca? Zito? They've all been arrested?

How? How did James find them? I didn't say anything to him, I haven't even talked to him since that day at the diner. 

I walk back over to the couch and start to munch on my popcorn hoping they give more information.

"Thanks Lisa, I'm standing out here at New York Cities town jail, now, waiting for Mauro Beneveti and his men to be processed and on their way to prison." Roger from the television says. "We have an inside source saying the amount of men and crime that is connected with this case could take all night to process. I know we all want to see these men behind bars. Thank you and goodnight." The new show switches over to a late night talk show and I just sit there stunned.

I cannot believe they're all in jail. What can I do? How do I help? Should I help? They are criminals, I mean they kind of deserve to be in jail. What am I even saying! These are the same guys who would take their own lives for me, I have to help them, they're my family!

Knock knock knock

I turn to look at my front door, who would be at my door at a time like this?

I look out of my peep hole and see Zito standing there anxiously waiting for me to open the door.

I quickly unlock to door and lung at him wrapping my arms around his body.

"Zito! I thought you were in jail!" I exclaimed not believing he is right in front of me. "I can't believe I'm hugging you right now!"

"How did you know?" His questions are muffled against my shoulder.

"I just saw on the News that Mauro is in jail." I back up a little to get a full view of his face.

He looks the exact same from when I last saw him with his black floppy hair and bright blue eyes, but this time is beard is starting to show through a little more.

"Brynn, I was the only one to escape when they raided the house. Your ex-boyfriend got everyone in the house." His face drops in a serious tone. His family is in jail and I know this is probably hard for him.

"We'll get them out Zito." I place my hand on the side of his face trying to comfort him. "I think I have a plan."

——————

After eating the rest of the popcorn I had out on my counter, we managed to call up four men from the French Mafia to help us with our plan. Good thing Mauro still has a good alliance with the French or we'd be screwed.

We surround my island in the middle of my kitchen looking down at the New York jail blue prints. Perks of still having some of James' shit from our breakup.

"Okay. You two are going to guard the doors of the jail to make sure that no one comes in while Zito and I go in the jail. I am going to act like I'm bringing Zito in to turn him in to James since they know me as his girlfriend. The other two are going to be waiting across the street with the cars to fill up as soon we get them out. Remember there are 20 men in there guys." I instruct the five tall men while staring down at the blue prints.

I know it's risky bringing Zito in acting like I'm turning him in but it's the only plan I could come up with for both of us to be let into the jail undetected. I just hope James didn't tell anyone about us breaking up yet.

"We are going to drive separately to the jail to ensure that we have enough space to get every man out of there. No man will be left behind." I demand slamming my fist against the counter causing the men to startle.

"Damn Brynn. You're scary good at this. Are you sure you didn't run a Mafia in a past life?" Zito asks with a small smile on his face.

"These men are our family. We have to do everything in our power to get them out no matter what." My face is serious. Everything about me is serious right now. I've ever had a real family after my father passed away and my mom kind of ran away. Besides the point, I'm not allowing these men to rot in prison if I can do anything about it.

"Zito, once we get passed those doors in the jail, the holding cells are 30 feet from the front doors. There should be approximately 4 guards on duty since it's a night shift. I will distract the front guard as you slip by and disarm the other three." I look over to Zito.

"Uhh I don't know if I can disarm them I'm only a driver, Brynn." He hangs his head low in embarrassment.

I place my hand on his shoulder. "Zito, I trust you with my life. I know you can do this. I'll be there every step of the way." I reassured him.

"Okay. Let's get our family back." A confident smile appears on Zito's face.

———————-

A/N: Next chapter is gonna be the break out!!

So I want to know if anyone ships anyone yet! ;) I have great plans for this book!

Don't forget to comment and vote!!