3

It's the next morning.

I peel my eyes open from all dried tears that are cementing them shut.

When I fully wake up I regain memory of last night.

"You can think about it in HELL!"

Those words echo in my head.

He's said similar things to me before but this time was different. It stung.

I turn to check my phone since I called and texted him like 30 times to talk. I wanted to talk to him to get a feel on why he asked. I wanted to remember the good times we had and remember why I fell in love with him.

The last text I sent him was myself inviting him to breakfast to talk over my decision.

All he replied back was "k"

Not looking good.

I saw the time was 7:45 and we were meeting at our usual spot around 8:30. A little cafe on the corner of 5th street. We had our first date there, it has all of our good memories there. We went every Monday morning laughing, talking about our future, our kids, looking at possible houses to by together, that was until he became a psycho.

I spring up,wash my face, brush my teeth, and throw some dry shampoo in my hair.

I change out of my pajamas and threw on a pair of American eagle jeans and an army green sweater.

I couldn't be late because I knew how mad he gets when I am and I didn't want to make things worse.

I throw on my fleece jean jacket and head out the door.

The cafe was about two block away so I didn't have to call a cab, plus walking is good for the soul. Also, I knew it would help me think better. I needed to make my decision. I wanted to be with him forever but I had this feeling in my chest that something was pulling me back.

As I was walking down the street I felt that same uneasy feeling I did last night. I felt a pair of eyes on me. They were piercing through my back.

I just ignored it.

Stupid I know.

Honestly I didn't feel like dealing with it. I had way too much on my mind to worry about someone following me. I wish the poor sucker would try to attack me. Best believe he'd be in the hospital with internal bleeding and 9 broken bones.

Maybe I have a stalker. Should I be flattered?

Nope.

That's messed up Brynn.

I just kept walking, minding my own business till I got to the cafe about 5 minutes early.

I see James standing there in front of the cafe on the phone. He hadn't seen me yet so I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine.

He was probably on the phone with work so if I scare him, it's not a big deal.

I get a little closer at a crosswalk and I'm hearing distance from him.

"I know, I love you too." He said his back turned towards me.

Oh he's probably talking to his mom. Maybe I shouldn't scare him.

I stand at the crosswalk waiting for the sign to release the sea of people I'm walking with to cross the busy intersection.

"No she doesn't know yet. I'll tell her today Rebecca." He says putting his index finger and thumb on the bridge of his nose.

REBECCA?!

His mom's name is Amy!

I stop in my tracks.