33

Mauro's P.O.V.

Red.

Fucking red.

It just had to be a fucking red dress.

It's like my mother WANTS me to fall in love with this girl. I mean I know she likes her but damn. She might as well shoot my ass with an arrow and call herself Cupid.

I have to admit, she does look gorgeous in red but I have made my decision with going alone to this ball and that is final. I don't go back on my word and if I start now my men will think I've gone soft.

This ball is going to have so many important connnections that keeps my businesses going. The 'tradition' of a girl throwing a ball and becomes a woman, has dated back to my ansestors needing an excuse to meet up with different connections to discuse trades and bargins. No one truely gives a shit about this girl having a party, we just needed to discuse the new drug distribution across china.

I'm more avoiding that these men will think I have a weakness for Brynn if I were to bring her to the ball as my date. I mean of course she can handle her own but what is the point of letting these men even have the thought of being able to destroy me. It is not worth the drama.

My jaw hangs open as I watch my fathers pride an joy speed out of my driveway away from me.

Mamma is gonna kill me for this. 

"I can't believe she left me here." I hear Zito slightly whisper to himself as the red sports car zooms off.
I scoff, "Girls will always leave us high and dry, then some how it'll be our fault in the end." I say cynically as I pull my driver out of the drivers seat and send him on his way. "Get in. I'll make her pay for what she has done."

"You're not going to crash us are you?" Luca meekly asks while buckling up in the backseat.

"What are you stupid? That is my father's car. He would come back from the grave and haunt me if I ever purposefully hurt that car." I say before I could think what I was saying. I felt the tension thicken in the car at the mention of my father.

Luca and Zito had the pleasure of meeting my father but the rumors everyone has started about me are just plain idiotic. I choose to ignore them since the people who were there know the real story.

"Hold on tight boys. We'll show them who is boss." I smirk at the road as the engine roars to life and I accelerate towards the main road.

It's me, I'm the boss.

I've experienced Brynn's driving skills before. They are good but not the best. She's sloppy and reckless. If I'm correct I can beat her with the slow and steady wins the race method, by the time we get to the ball she would already burn through most of the gas and possibly spun out a couple times.

That will most likely leave them stranded on the side of the road somewhere.

I ran through most of the traffic lights to get to this damn ball before Brynn does. I pull up to our destination and see a line of expensive vehicles parked throughout the driveway. The mansion is big and beautiful but not as big and beautiful as mine.

My eyes scan through the cars but don't see the very obvious red sports car my father bought himself with his first million. I strategically park the car in a tight spot near the front door. The boys and I exit the car mentally preparing ourselves for all the different authority figures we are about to encounter.

"Looks like I won." I said in a snarky tone while climbing the mansion stairs. I can hear the music playing loudly from outside. My knuckles make contact with the large doors, knocking for someone to let us in to enjoy the party.