13

A/N: Let me know how this story is coming out. I'm usually horrible at telling stories, so I just really want to be able to lay out my ideas correctly.

-------------------------------------

Mauro's P.O.V.

Brynn Moretti. 

Brynn Vera Moretti. 

She's the most threatening, infuriating, manic person I've ever met, and yet she tends to be the most caring, trustworthy, and loving at the same time. I guess thats the infuriating part of her. She could be best friends with a wall. 

I can't help myself but stop and stare whenever she defends herself, whenever she fights with such force and power. I memorize how her long dark brown hair falls in her face as she head locks someone and how her golden brown eyes roll when she catches me staring. I don't even care when she catches me because I know she'll be just fine without my help. 

I was suppose to be hating this woman but instead I can't seem to get her out of my mind. Her small strong hands when she throws a jab at someones jaw almost feels like she's throwing jabs at my heart. This feeling is foreign to me. When I'm with Mia I don't feel what I do when I'm with Brynn.  

When she shot Shamus at the warehouse, it killed me to see her in distress. She thought she was a monster. When in reality that won't be the last she kills, but I didn't have the heart or guts to tell her that. In fact her body went into shock moments after she shot Shamus and passed out. 

I had to drive her back to the house while she was groaning incoherent sentences. Unfortunate, I was really looking forward to her driving my Hennessy Venom GT. I guess we'll just have to save that for a later time. 

"Rebecca.." I heard her quietly moan out of her lips. I shot my head to her to see if she was awake. "Rebecca and James." She scrunched her face as it seemed she was having a bad dream. My heart starts to pound out my chest with anxiety hoping she never finds out what I did. 

"Maaauuurooo. You did it." She almost screams in her sleep.

Okay. I guess that answers that question. She knows and I'm screwed. 

I pull up to the house and hastily put the fast vehicle in neutral, pulling up the emergency brake, since this car is a manual. I jump out of the car hearing the stones crunch under my feet. 

"Mauro! You're back so early!" I hear a screech behind me as I turn to see Mia coming through the black front doors looking as fake as ever. "I didn't expect you back so early!" Her voice stung my ears. 

I ignored her, opened the passenger door and pulled Brynn out holding her bridal style.

"Why are you holding that skank?" She sneered at me.

 I walk passed Mia without giving her a glance. I don't have the patience to act like I care right now. 

"Mauro Nazario Beneveti! You speak to me RIGHT NOW!" She demands causing me to stop in my tracks. I turned on my heals with Brynn still in my arms, my grip tightening on her small body.

"Have you lost your place?!" I snapped in her face. Her body shrunk as my face filled with anger. "Who do you think you're talking to?" I growled. If I wasn't holding Brynn I'd snap her neck right now. 

"I thought I was your girlfriend." She whispers under her breath with her head down. I have no sympathy for this girl. She's made everyone's life a living hell since Brynn stepped foot into this house, ESPECIALLY Brynn's.